Looking for help (Western/Central Mass) F/F change and VCDS prime??

GarrettTDI

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6 speed
Looking for someone who can show me how to change out the fuel filter and prime the fuel system via the Vagcom system. I don't have any cables and would like to learn how to do it. I have the fuel filter in hand and I'm off for a few days. Anyone located in Central or Western Mass that could give me a hand that'd be sweet. I'm located in Orange, Ma 01364. :)

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Contact member 94x on here, he is in western Mass and you couldn't find a more competent mechanic.

Mike McCann
aka 94x
413 Auto Repair
Trusted TDI Mechanic in western MA
& Malone Tuning Dealer
New shop location, Agawam MA.
413-455-5602
TDIMike@comcast.net

ASE Certified L1 Master Automotive Technician for over 15 years. I have the necessary TDI diagnostic and specialty tools to perform the job correctly. Many parts in stock to reduce down time.

ShawnShady

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDi 3 Pedals
Sounds like he wants to do it himself and not pay a mechanic. I could help you as I have VCDS and I recently did my first fuel filter on my own car. Only prob is i am at least an hour away from you :eek:

GarrettTDI

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6 speed
Update....I decided to just go for it and change out the filter. I removed the torx screws, removed the filter..housing and diesel looked pristine only maybe 3 tiny dirt particules or something of that sort, even the filter looked super clean? I buy my oil oil filters and fuel filters @ Noyes VW in New Hampshire as there is no tax no shipping ect. and the price of the Castrol full syn is only 9.09 a qt. which is pretty good! but the only kicker is the damn fuel filter is like 34.00!!!! which i think is way too expensive!! Any body have a good place to get the fuel filters?? Ok back to the filter change....I added in fresh diesel..(too much) pushed the filter on pushed her back in and made a complete mess overflowing diesel everywhere...LOL...I have a siphon with a check valve and took some out then set her back in and installed the screws. I soaked up the diesel with PIG blankets and flushed her out real good with the hose. Turned the key and she fired up instantly. Zero issues. Not as bad as I thought. I will eventually get the cables and learn the VCDS system. Thanks for the replies!

dmanb2b

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta, 2011 335D
Any body have a good place to get the fuel filters??
I purchase mine at deutscheautoparts.com. OEM and reasonable pricing. Oil from Amazon.com... Penzoil Ultra Euro L...$39 for case of 6 on their subscribe and save program.

Hope this helps