2015 Jetta TDI SEL ADBLUE line leak

BradfordTN

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL
I have a 2015 TDI SEL that has a leaking AdBlue line. I intend to opt for the emissions fix but even though the leaking hose would be covered after the phase 2 fix, the VW TDI folks and the dealership informed me that I have to have the line repaired at my expense before the dealership will perform phase 1 or 2. Crappy way to be treated I think.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I have a 2015 TDI SEL that has a leaking AdBlue line. I intend to opt for the emissions fix but even though the leaking hose would be covered after the phase 2 fix, the VW TDI folks and the dealership informed me that I have to have the line repaired at my expense before the dealership will perform phase 1 or 2. Crappy way to be treated I think.
Well, You should not have waited so l long for the fix eh? Had you had it done before the leak.........:D

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Well no one is forcing you for either fix anyway. I'd say go full delete and enjoy a head ache free ride from here on out!

Cheapest option would be to buy the parts yourself and install it yourself.

You might be able to clean up the leaks and pass it off as "fixed". The leak typically doesn't cause any CELs, owners here have had crystals growing for quite some time before a CEL. If you do this route, go to another dealer as the first one will be inspecting the repair and may smell your BS.

puggi

TDI
2015 Passat SEL (2), 2014 Passat SE 6MT, 2014 JSW 6MT, 2012 Passat SE, 2012 Q7, 2010 Jetta, 2009 Touareg
Sell your car back and buy another 2015 SEL. You should receive about $28k with the buyback. SEL models are selling for around $14k and there are plenty to chose from.

Last edited:

MyTDIRocks

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI - Sold back to VW Snif :(
Sell your car back and buy another 2015 SEL. You should receive about $28k with the buyback. SEL models are selling for around $14k and there are plenty to chose from.
I've been scouring all over the place for 2015 SEL's (MT) since July (2018) and I've yet to find any under 16K. Maybe because I'm looking for 6-sp and under 25K miles but still.... if I could find one for 14K, I'd be all over it!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
You'll get money for the fix. Use some of it proactively and repair the line. I can't imagine it'll cost much.

2010TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan TDI 6MT, 2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG (sold), 2014 Jetta Sedan TDI DSG (sold), 2015 Golf SportWagen TDI DSG
You might be able to clean up the leaks and pass it off as "fixed". The leak typically doesn't cause any CELs, owners here have had crystals growing for quite some time before a CEL. If you do this route, go to another dealer as the first one will be inspecting the repair and may smell your BS.
This is probably the quickest and easiest option. I wouldn't delay too long either, I believe you only have until December 30 to get the fix applied and still be able to collect the restitution money (for 2.0L only).

We are well past the deadline to change the selected remedy.

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
I had a Ad Blue line leak on our 2015 Passat and it was located under the hood and the dealer fixed it under the original warranty. They said this has been a common problem and were aware of the issue. If I remember right the leak was located to the left of the engine.