2009 3.0L has a fix?

opsx

TDI
tdi
Is this old news? I thought 09-12 3.0L were all generation 1 and had no fix but recently I found a 09 touareg and when you run the Vin through the lookup site it says there is an approved fix. When did that happen?

bayouboy

TDI
2012 Touareg
If there is a fix, that would be news to me. My Gen 1 3.0L has been setup for the fix for 6 months now with nothing from VW. Could be that just the web portal says this, but that is not the case.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
I just ran bunch of VINs that I have and you are correct 2010s say that they have a fix. However 2011 says that they do NOT.

2010 Touareg - YES FIX
2010 Q7 - YES FIX

2011 Touareg - NO FIX
2011 Q7 - NO FIX

I have not seen a single thing in the "news" about this so announcement is probably coming very soon.

Dsmart

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
Please expand more on where you found this information. The difference between a "fix" and an "approved fix" is quite substantial

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I think the VW portal has to notify any owner who has registered for a fix. I am registered and no news yet I hope it comes to pass.

Dsmart

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
Just got an email from VW that there is now a fix.

Can you please post the details of this email in this thread. As stated before VW has had a fix for these vehicles for a long time but so far has been unsuccessful in getting the EPA to approve their "Emissions Reduction". If the EPA did finally approve something for this class of vehicle I would think that the information would readily available for all to see......not at all saying it hasnt happened but I cant find any details.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
The EPA and CARB have approved Approved Emissions Modification (“AEM”) for the vehicle that you registered in the Online Claims Portal for the VW/Audi/Porsche 3.0L Diesel Emissions Settlements. For more information on the Approved Emissions Modification, including information on what the modification involves, the impact that the modification will have on the vehicle and the terms of the extended emissions warranty, please view the information available here.

What do I need to do now?

· If you have not yet submitted supporting information and documentation for your claim to participate in the Settlement Program, you may submit a claim through the Online Claims Portal or the Paper Claims Form. Instructions on how to complete your claim and accept the Approved Emissions Modification option can be found here.

· If you already submitted a claim and selected an Approved Emissions Modification as your remedy, we will continue to process your claim in the normal claims review process.

· Current Owners and Lessees that select the Approved Emissions Modification option may schedule an appointment with their preferred dealership for completion of the repair, but will not receive the associated restitution payment until after receiving and accepting an offer letter.

· If you have already received and accepted an offer letter for an Approved Emissions Modification and your signed offer letter has been accepted by Volkswagen, you may now schedule your appointment for an AEM directly with your preferred dealership. Dealerships will be equipped with the necessary materials to complete the Emissions Compliant Repair after June 4, 2018. Appointment availability will vary by dealership. You will receive payment after the AEM has been completed on your vehicle.

· If you do not wish to participate in the Settlement Program but want to get an AEM on your vehicle, you may schedule an appointment directly with your preferred dealer after June 4, 2018.

If you file a claim and have the AEM completed, you have the option to receive payment via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or paper check. If you select paper check, a check will be mailed to the mailing address on your claim. If you select EFT, click here to see information on how to accept the Electronic Funds Transfer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This email is being sent from an account that does not receive replies. For questions or other issues related to the VW/Audi/Porsche Diesel Emissions Settlement, please visit www.VWCourtSettlement.com or contact the Settlement Support Team at 1-844-98-CLAIM.

To ensure delivery to your inbox, add claims_noreply@vwgoa.com to your address book.

Dsmart

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
The EPA and CARB have approved Approved Emissions Modification (“AEM”) for the vehicle that you registered in the Online Claims Portal for the VW/Audi/Porsche 3.0L Diesel Emissions Settlements. For more information on the Approved Emissions Modification, including information on what the modification involves, the impact that the modification will have on the vehicle and the terms of the extended emissions warranty, please view the information available here.

What do I need to do now?

· If you have not yet submitted supporting information and documentation for your claim to participate in the Settlement Program, you may submit a claim through the Online Claims Portal or the Paper Claims Form. Instructions on how to complete your claim and accept the Approved Emissions Modification option can be found here.

· If you already submitted a claim and selected an Approved Emissions Modification as your remedy, we will continue to process your claim in the normal claims review process.

· Current Owners and Lessees that select the Approved Emissions Modification option may schedule an appointment with their preferred dealership for completion of the repair, but will not receive the associated restitution payment until after receiving and accepting an offer letter.

· If you have already received and accepted an offer letter for an Approved Emissions Modification and your signed offer letter has been accepted by Volkswagen, you may now schedule your appointment for an AEM directly with your preferred dealership. Dealerships will be equipped with the necessary materials to complete the Emissions Compliant Repair after June 4, 2018. Appointment availability will vary by dealership. You will receive payment after the AEM has been completed on your vehicle.

· If you do not wish to participate in the Settlement Program but want to get an AEM on your vehicle, you may schedule an appointment directly with your preferred dealer after June 4, 2018.

If you file a claim and have the AEM completed, you have the option to receive payment via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or paper check. If you select paper check, a check will be mailed to the mailing address on your claim. If you select EFT, click here to see information on how to accept the Electronic Funds Transfer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This email is being sent from an account that does not receive replies. For questions or other issues related to the VW/Audi/Porsche Diesel Emissions Settlement, please visit www.VWCourtSettlement.com or contact the Settlement Support Team at 1-844-98-CLAIM.

To ensure delivery to your inbox, add claims_noreply@vwgoa.com to your address book.

Thanks for posting that up, Ill have to wait and see how it pans out here in Canada

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
The buyback will still be available, the same as the 2.0 vehicles that now have a fix available.