Chris(3193) is no longer with VW of Langhorne

Requiescat In Pace
Burlington, NJ {35 minutes from Phila Int"l
TDI
all the TDI's on the lot
Hello fellow club members.

I am glad to report that I am no longer with the VW of Langhorne organization.

It was a very fruitful experience of the past 8 and a half years for me that came to a decisive end on Monday of this week. Allthough I will not speak ill of the dealership and organization that gave me the tools and home to make a living these many years, in the end, we just did not see eye to eye on certain things.

The good news here is that while being in the business of selling VW's for these 19 years now, I have made very good contacts with folks at other VW dealerships that believe that myself and the way I choose to sell vehicles and represent myself would be an asset to their dealership.

I have, beleive it or not 3 dealerships to call on this week coming up and will let you all know where I am as soon as I know. I will be in a new environment on Feb 1.

All three of the 3 prospective stores are within a very close proximatey to where I am now. One is 5.4 miles away in Pa, another one 16 miles away in NJ, and the final one, my old stomping ground, just 8 miles away.

Believe me when I tell you the old story about not burning bridges may come in handy for me.

That being said, I do to want to miss a beat and let down any of my existing or prospective clients in any way so most of you may have it, however, here. My cell phone number 609-850-0244 and a temporary email until I land in the new store.

It is Christopher.Farnham1@Verizon.net

Please contact me at either one if you have any questions or concerns or would like to still give me the opportunity to EARN your business.

I Thank this community with everything I have so please continue to correspond with me.

Your friend in the business,

Chris

Last edited:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Chris, best of luck finding a new landing spot. You are an asset to the TDIclub. You made our first new car buying experience a stress free and enjoyable experience. You sought out the exact car we were looking for and the up front haggle free pricing is a great way to buy a car.

Good luck!

B00ST00

TDI
14' SE 6spd
Chris- I promise I gave you all high scores! Just kidding, good luck with whichever route you take. You will be an asset to any dealer without a doubt. It was great dealing with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Wish you the best in your move to a new center of operation.
We are fortunate to have you as a resource to purchase a VW.

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Chris, wish you all the Best and good luck in the future, selling (VW) cars.
Sometimes a person just has to decide, left or right at an intersection in life...!

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Good luck in your new direction Chris. I have personally never dealt with you,but will continue to recommend you to forum members that are looking for TDI's. Thanks for helping out the many members on this forum into their TDI's(or other VW's;)).....hopefully one of these days I can buy a TDI from you......

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Chris, good luck. I'm certain you'll leverage this transition to your advantage. Good luck with it and enjoy a new environment!

Ct-csrt

TDI
Wtb atm
Good luck with your transition man. I'm new here but plan on staying. It seems like you have played a great role to this community. Keep on moving forward brother!

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
The Man that Getter'Done!

By far, the nicest human being on earth. We've had 7 glorious years with you Chris, countless transactions, best laughter and great philly pretzels.

I wish you all the best in your new ventures. You have what many can never obtain. You have that "getter done" with honesty.

Brilliant. Looking forward to your new addy.

Best to you 2014.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Based on reports from this board, I recommended Chris to RevKev, whose daughter was looking for a TDI. He called and thanked me for the recommendation and said Chris was the best salesman he's ever seen and he's happy his daughter is being taken care of. He had nothing but glowing remarks about Chris.

I'll forward this to him in the event the transaction hasn't been completed yet.

Requiescat In Pace
Burlington, NJ {35 minutes from Phila Int"l
TDI
all the TDI's on the lot
Based on reports from this board, I recommended Chris to RevKev, whose daughter was looking for a TDI. He called and thanked me for the recommendation and said Chris was the best salesman he's ever seen and he's happy his daughter is being taken care of. He had nothing but glowing remarks about Chris.

I'll forward this to him in the event the transaction hasn't been completed yet.
And Thank You so much again or your referral and your trust in me to help your friends daughter with her automotive needs.

Before I left, I in fact had her inbound Sportwagen TDI manual diverted to a closer dealer to her home and a colleague in the business that I trust to perform a successful delivery of her first new car.

She is all set and I will be tracking the car and the process all the way thru.

Thanks again,

Chris

Shaeet

TDI
12' JSW with mods, 05 Golf GLS 5spd
Sorry to hear about all of this but not surprising in this rough business. I briefly chatted with you about a manual JSW awhile back. I hope you can stay with VW as I've mentioned & linked this thread to a co-worker of mine last week who was interested in a VW but don't think she contacted you yet.

Once the mk7 JSW and GTD's come out I'll be talking with you again.

Good luck in your future endeavors!

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
Chris, glad to hear you have something in the works. With your help we've added 5 VWs to the fold since 1999. I'm hoping the GTD arrives soon so we can do it again! Wouldn't mind if you relocated to the east and will follow wherever you go. Best wishes, John & Ruth.

poppadoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat & jetta wagons
I have been waiting over 9 years to make a deal with you,as soon as VW bring out the diesel that I want I will buy it from you.I wish you had Georgia on your mind. Are you hearing me Jim ellis VW?

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
Sorry to hear this Chris! But onwards, upwards!

I was just about to contact you to get some help source some new parts and a reputable dealer for minor service.

Best of luck.

oswegoPD

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TSI, 2013 Passat 6M sold, 2012 Jetta Premium DSG sold, 2004 Jetta GL 5M (sold)
Good luck with your transition. I love the Passat TDI 6M you sold me

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Chris,
We've never done business. However, over the years I've been on the TDICLUB, I've been fortunate enough to follow your services.

What I've seen is nothing less than absolute professionalism and the highest ethical standards in an industry that has given us the anecdotal 'Used Car Salesman'

I am certain the next dealership that hires you will see quick results that come from long term relationships.

You can't keep a good man down!

Tony
Sent from my e-diesel fleet

gregert12

Veteran Member
TDI
Chris,

I wish I saw this post earlier but yesterday I stopped at VW of Langhorne looking for you since we are interested in a Passat SE TDI. When I asked if you were there, no one seemed to have a definite answer. I believe it was Rich and the new guy Bruce (who took your desk in the dungeon) stated they will give me the same "deal" you would have.

Please post up your new VW home when you are settled in. :)

Last edited:

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr
Hello fellow club members.

I am glad to report that I am no longer with the VW of Langhorne organization.

It was a very fruitful experience of the past 8 and a half years for me that came to a decisive end on Monday of this week. Allthough I will not speak ill of the dealership and organization that gave me the tools and home to make a living these many years, in the end, we just did not see eye to eye on certain things.

The good news here is that while being in the business of selling VW's for these 19 years now, I have made very good contacts with folks at other VW dealerships that believe that myself and the way I choose to sell vehicles and represent myself would be an asset to their dealership.

I have, beleive it or not 3 dealerships to call on this week coming up and will let you all know where I am as soon as I know. I will be in a new environment on Feb 1.

All three of the 3 prospective stores are within a very close proximatey to where I am now. One is 5.4 miles away in Pa, another one 16 miles away in NJ, and the final one, my old stomping ground, just 8 miles away.

Believe me when I tell you the old story about not burning bridges may come in handy for me.

That being said, I do to want to miss a beat and let down any of my existing or prospective clients in any way so most of you may have it, however, here. My cell phone number 609-850-0244 and a temporary email until I land in the new store.

It is Christopher.Farnham1@Verizon.net

Please contact me at either one if you have any questions or concerns or would like to still give me the opportunity to EARN your business.

I Thank this community with everything I have so please continue to correspond with me.

Your friend in the business,

Chris

Good for you Chris! I'm an independent contractor myself, and fully understand what you said about "burning bridges". I have, on several occasions wanted, not only to burn them, but to NUKE them, but I didn't and it turned out for the best that way. You'll do great! I sent three people to you and all three bought cars, and all have nothing but praise for you. You're a class act, and your reputation will precede you.

chilehead19

Veteran Member
TDI
. 2014 Sportwagen TDi for me 2011 2dr golf for my wife
I wish you nothing but the best Chris. Hope to see you when the new sportwagen comes out. My 2011 Golf i got from yo is still running perfect. Hope to keep it and trade in the wife's 2007 rabbit. Best of luck.

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
Chris is the only guy I know who does not need a resume' to get a new job.

All he has to do is point the prospective employer to any number of threads on Fred's, and they will read all they need to know about what a great asset Chris will be to their organization.

It takes happy customers to make a business secure, and Chris knows how to make happy customers!

Best to you Chris!

Tim

SteveZ1

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
I'd give Chris a reference / endorsement any day of the week. In a sea of broken promises and misrepresentations, Chris always came through and without question one of the most upstanding guys I have had the pleasure of dealing with!

Good luck Chris!!

Steve

Art van Law

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW
I'm not in the market for a new TDI just yet, but when I am, it's to Chris I will scram.

Waiting to see where you land, and lots of success!

michTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and 2015 GSW MT
I haven't bought a new TDI since my 2001 Jetta......which now has over 300k miles. And I don't know/have never talked to/have never met Chris. HOWEVER just based on his REPUTATION here on the forum-I have sent two different relatives to Chris-and both bought new TDI's from Chris.......their first diesels......

If I ever buy another new TDI.......Chris would be my first call......

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
This guy will go above and behind what you'd ever think a salesman would. I got my 2012 from him and would not hesitate to replace the wife's civic when the time comes. Good good guy. Good luck Chris, take your yinzer mug with you and we'll be doing business soon!

IMAAaron

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW - Third time's a charm
Chris,

I'm shocked. And I'm lying. That was a crazy commute and... Stuff.

You'll never believe it but I'm actually leaning towards a '15 (I know, I know - you thought I'd leave mine burning in North Philly). I'm calling you soon.

ACHTUNG TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Sedan, Silver (sold); 2016 Jetta TSI 1.8t Sport, 5 sp, LP; 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon (wife's)
According to vw.com there are five VW dealerships in New Jersey within 20 miles of the Langhorne zip code: Burlington VW, Burlington 9.25 miles Hamilton VW, Trenton 14.12 miles Princeton VW, Princeton 19.14 miles Cherry Hill VW, Cherry Hill 20.18 miles Flemington VW, Flemington 20.18 miles I believe the distances are as the crow flies and VW of Langhorne is 1.86 miles from the Langhorne zip code reference point. It looks like it is either Burlington or Hamilton. I can't wait till the envelope is opened. The excitement is too much.

Last edited: