BHW swap ECM pin questions

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
I'm using a BHW for an engine swap, and while rooting through all the wiring diagrams, I noticed a lack of "constant 12v power" to the ECM. Then I found something on "Passat - Standard Equipment" page 48/2...
This wire escaped me because it's not super clear.

It says that a 1.0 sized "ro" (red) wire goes from (500), which is threaded connection -1- on (30), on the relay plate... to the "J...", which if you look at the legend it states that "J..." = the ECM. ...Odd.

Now I see a 1.0 sized wire on connection -1- on (30)...
However, how in the heck does it get to the ECM if it doesn't go through the plenum wiring plugs?
(the red, black, white, brown, and orange plugs on the plenum chamber where the ECM is mounted)

I see that the ECM T94/18 gets switched power from the ignition switch D/15, via T10e/5, the orange connector.

I also see that the ECM T94/3, T94/5, and T94/6 get switched power through (F28), from the power relay, J317. The power relay is located in the engine compartment, thus, these ECM power connections need not go through the plenum wiring plugs.

Does that 1.0 sized red wire need to go from (30) to a pin for constant power to the ECM?
If so how does it get to the ECM?
And what pin on the ECM does it go to?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
I can't speak to the BHW as I haven't dug through the wiring diagrams as thoroughly but the ALH does not have constant power to the ecu.