tdi gas mileage/ 1/4 tank..

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Yes but diesel is a penny or two cheaper than RUG at the moment in Quebec!
Not for me in Pennsylvania, but it is 2% bio-diesel. At least I don't need additives. I think I'm still saving a considerable amount on fuel compared to most other vehicles, but the diesel does cost about the same as premium now in my area and then even more than premium in the winter.

Clearly the Prius is better for saving money on fuel, with great mpg and using regular gas. I just couldn't do it. I love driving my Golf TDI 6-speed. It is a great little car.

I think my wife might be OK in a Prius, although she is really a Honda girl. She has just loved her Honda Accord and it really has been a miracle for reliability for more than 10-years. For her it is too bad the newest Honda Civic Hybrid didn't get a great review. Seems like quite a few cars, not just the new Jetta, are getting a little decontented. It also too bad the Accord got so darn huge. Bigger is not always better.

Sorry, I guess none of this has anything to do with miles for 1/4 tank on an MKVI.

scottisha

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI 4dr
The difference between me driving my S4 as a daily driver and my JSW TDI as a daily driver is filling up twice a week compared to filling up twice a month. Fuel range, to me, is just as important. If we only had 2 gallon tanks, but still got 40 MPG would the MPG even matter?
I hear ya....I was filling up my V8 Genesis every 2.5 days. Now I'm going at least every 5 days between fill ups and I'm putting in 4 less gallons.

I always use premium in the Genesis, so paying more for diesel, compared to regular gas, is no biggie.

Scott

m_skena

Veteran Member
TDI
Not Any More!
I'll chime in. I don't take the risk, but that's how I was raised. I've never seen my fuel light and don't intend to anytime soon. If you want to determine if you're hitting a 600+ tank do the math. Figure out your mpg by hand or fuelly at your next fill up and multiply by the tank volume. Somebody here probably knows what it is. Even this, though, is a just a good guess. It all depends on how much fuel you squeeze into the line between the nozzle and tank. Only the tank is measured.

ljhooley

TDI
2009 TDI Jetta, 2010 TDI Golf
I have consistently achieved 600 miles per tank, but I average over 42 mpg.

Do the math 14.2 gal X 42 mpg =596.4 I love it!

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
I have consistently achieved 600 miles per tank, but I average over 42 mpg.

Do the math 14.2 gal X 42 mpg =596.4 I love it!
For me not to get 1000 km per tank (625 miles), I have to REALLY work at it, like speeding significantly, doing a lot of city driving (rare for me), or having the bike rack and bikes on top. I get closer to 700 usually. My best to date was 1194 km (746)