www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel related items for wanted and for sale by private individuals. Group Buys and commercial posts should be in the "Vendor & GroupBuy" section.

Old January 19th, 2010, 08:20   #1
eckoreko@me.com

TDI(s): Golf MK4
Default Parts Needed

I dont know if I am in the right place, and please excuse me if I am not. I just brought a 2001 Volkswagen Golf GL MK4, 2 Door. When i brought this car it was a empty shell. In other words it is missing all panels. Door panel, Kick Panels, Pillar Trim, center console, and Floor Panels. I have searched high and low, and I cant seem to find replacement parts. Is there anyone out there who can direct me to the right place? I live in Houston, Tx and I don't mind paying for shipping if anyone can help me. Again if I am in the wrong place please excuse me and If you can direct me to the right place I would appreciate it. I can provide any pics if I dont know what I am talking about and anyone needs me to point out the parts I am looking for. Here is my attempt to make a list of what I need.
* Door Panel X2 * Front center Console
* Rear Center Console
* Corner front bumper lights/Reflectors (amber) x2
* (A) Pillar Trim X2
* Floor Trim X2
* inside hood release
* Trim under steering wheel on the right side.
* Trim on the left side of the console where the radio goes.
* Manual Boot
* Manual Shift nob
* Plywood/Carpet that goes in the trunk
* All interior trim on the lid of the hatch back.
* All seats
* Engine Cover
* Windshield Washer Reservoir

I brought this car used and all of the interior trim was missing.
eckoreko@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:44   #2
draco76
Veteran Member

You need to find a whole parts car, somethign that had engine pulled/wrecked something.
draco76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:46   #3
eckoreko@me.com

Trust me I have been looking. And I am told that Volkswagen has discontinued making the door panels so I cant buy them new.
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:22   #4
Ray_G
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 98 Jetta TDI

You might give www.car-part.com a try for salvage yards with the parts you need. Also, try www.vwvortex.com I am sure that gasser interior parts would work.
Ray_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 11:26   #5
diesel-dave
Veteran Member

i have a 2003 jetta GLS parts car still togther, what all do you need?
2010 JSW wagon DSG loaded
2003 golf auto PP520's
diesel-dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 22:59   #6
mtbr297

It is going to be hard to find and probably costily. The only 2 door gasser will be gti or r32$$$$. I had looked at possible beetle parts working since it is a two door. The door panels won't work but the rest of the stuff may. I have black leather beetle seats front and back I can sell, for not much money. I also have complete interior trim out of a jetta that probably will fit.
mtbr297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 04:35   #7
thebigarniedog
Master of the Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoreko@me.com
Trust me I have been looking. And I am told that Volkswagen has discontinued making the door panels so I cant buy them new.
www.rockauto.com
When interviewed about why no diesel for the new F150, Ford responded to effect that diesel makes no sense in the 1/2 ton market. That brilliance should be repeated in every Ram 1500 eco-diesel commercial.

OCD TDICLUB MEMBER # 1
thebigarniedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 05:19   #8
eckoreko@me.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbr297
It is going to be hard to find and probably costily. The only 2 door gasser will be gti or r32$$$$. I had looked at possible beetle parts working since it is a two door. The door panels won't work but the rest of the stuff may. I have black leather beetle seats front and back I can sell, for not much money. I also have complete interior trim out of a jetta that probably will fit.
I would be interested in the Seats. Please let me know how much you want for them. Also how much for shipping as im sure that may be a lot. I do also need the interior Trim, but only for the front, the back seat section is complete. Then I need the panels for the hatch back. Please get back to me.

Last edited by eckoreko@me.com; January 20th, 2010 at 05:25.
Old January 20th, 2010, 05:23   #9
eckoreko@me.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel-dave
i have a 2003 jetta GLS parts car still togther, what all do you need?
I have found the door panels on Ebay. I am now looking for the rest of the trim that goes in the car and Would prefer black. I need all the pillar trim from the front windshield, floor trim, Kick Panels from the drivers side & Passenger side, and glovebox cover. Here is my list again.

* Front center Console
* Rear Center Console
* Corner front bumper lights/Reflectors (amber) x2
* (A) Pillar Trim X2
* Floor Trim X2
* inside hood release
* Trim under steering wheel on the right side.
* Trim on the left side of the console where the radio goes.
* Manual Boot
* Manual Shift nob
* Plywood/Carpet that goes in the trunk
* All interior trim on the lid of the hatch back.
* All seats
* Engine Cover
* Windshield Washer Reservoir
* Hood release and Kick Panel

Let me know if you need me to clarify what Parts I need.
Old January 20th, 2010, 05:52   #10
Curkkic
Veteran Member

Ill be heading to my old auto dismantling job to snag a few parts. pm me what you wanna pay for the stuff you need. chances are i can get everything you need. and even in what color you want. i think right now he has 3 2door golf mkIV ones a 2.slow and the others a TDI no word on the third.

my old jetta V 0-100 run uphill.
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=33067965
Curkkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:21   #11
KROUT
persona non grata

I have some door panels and some of the dash stuff. The door panels have hand crank windows not electric. They came off a 99 2 dr tdi golf let me know if these will work I will send some pics. I have a good back seat but no fronts.
KROUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:41   #12
eckoreko@me.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curkkic
Ill be heading to my old auto dismantling job to snag a few parts. pm me what you wanna pay for the stuff you need. chances are i can get everything you need. and even in what color you want. i think right now he has 3 2door golf mkIV ones a 2.slow and the others a TDI no word on the third.
I am not sure what to call most of this stuff so I took some Pics of my car and drew arrows pointing to the parts I need. I have some parts of the lower dash, but I want to replace it all in black. Please let me know if you can help. As far as the price just let me know what you think i fair as I have never done this before. I would like to get as much as I can from one person so that I don't have to keep looking.

I want to think everyone for all my support.

Here is a link to where my pics are.

http://evilstyles.net/images/car
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:48   #13
eckoreko@me.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROUT
I have some door panels and some of the dash stuff. The door panels have hand crank windows not electric. They came off a 99 2 dr tdi golf let me know if these will work I will send some pics. I have a good back seat but no fronts.
I finally found a set of door panels on Ebay and ordered them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182

I do however need the rest of the stuff listed above.
Old January 20th, 2010, 19:09   #14
Curkkic
Veteran Member

ok looks like its just a bunch of plastic interior parts. not to hard to come by. i have a couple parts already. the center council and arm rest assembly will be the hardest. as most of them are damaged when they get them. and sadly the glove box is in the same boat. the trim i dont think will be an issue. do your A-pillers have plugs loacted there for air bags? ill need to know. that and if this is a rush or take your time kind of thing. i can get better quality parts if i have more time or i can get medium grade stuff sooner. but i wont have a chance till monday to see whats going on we have horrid weather here in socal at the moment.

my old jetta V 0-100 run uphill.
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=33067965
Curkkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:11   #15
eckoreko@me.com

I am not in a hurry. The Pillars don't have a wire for an airbag not that I can recognize at least.