Drivers side floor soaked! Help!

Hotelevator

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
So we have had a TON of rain here in the Southeast as I am sure everyone else has and my 15’ Passat’s driver side front and rear floor is soaked. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what was the culprit for you. I am wondering if there are drains that can become clogged as this is all I can think of that would cause this, I have had the car for 1 1/2 years and never had this issue before. Thanks for any input.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Usually it is a clogged sunroof drain. Though i did see one where the door drain clogged and it overflowed into the car. Probably not the fresh air inlet since you said driver’s side.

VicGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW Golf Wagon, 97 Golf Turbo Diesel
Search on "VW sunroof drain problem" and you will find lots of info-online text and pics and Youtube videos..
The drain system isn't waterproof - it works OK if everything is flowing freely (think of hoses running into funnels) but once it gets plugged and backs up, the water leaks into the interior.

Hotelevator

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Ive tried searching but a lot of these post are about the b6 Passat and not the NBS B7 Passat. Im not sure where the sunroof drain runs to, Ive been constantly soaking up the water with the carpet shampooer and now the car smells like mildew. :/