FS: 2005 Seat Leon FR tdi... question

annieneff

Veteran Member
TDI
1983.5 Westfalia tdi (afn), with flipped 5 speed V6 (dvz) transmission
Not mine:

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3358379624.html

See ad below. My question is this: is this one of those cars that's going to be impossible to get title for? Could this thing be here legally? Seems hard to believe that it is, but I thought someone out there might know better than me.
Interesting to look at and consider, no matter the legality of it!

2005 Seat Leon FR tdi (VW AUDI) - $5000 (round rock)

Date: 2012-10-22, 11:42PM CDT
Reply to this post b78rf-3358379624@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

for all VW fans this is the only one SEAT LEON FR TDI in the whole country im selling it because i need the money the car is value between 10k and 12k theres a problem
goes to a limp mode , overboost problems code, have a new turbo , new n75 valve and still, i cant afford it im leaving in 2 weeks i need to sell it 5000 firm.

call or txt for more info ask for Robert

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
2 each 03 5 speed Jetta wagons, 1 NA Isuzu P'up (a keeper)
I went and looked at it today. The owner is originally from El Salvador, works in Honduras, but speaks excellent English.

It took him 3 years to get a Texas title. I think I know how he did it with a "Bonded Title", which, if held for 3 years, converts to a regular title. I did not ask to see the title.

It has 100k kilomters (60k miles). He had larger than stock turbo on it, which went at some point so he returned it to stock turbo. Still has the pipes for a larger turbo to go on it if wanted.

"New" clutch, but chirps a little when engaging it.

The Anti-shudder valve was not working correctly, would shut off airflow (but not completely) when you hit second gear. Unplugged the vacuum hose to the ASV, and it ran "OK". After I left I wondered if the EGR and ASV hoses had been switched. No CEL's were showing.

It has a 6 speed manual with TCS (Traction Control System), which I was unfamiliar with (same as ESP?), married to a Pump Duese BEW engine.

He painted it the orange color. Original color was Black, and the inside of the doors, hatch, and engine compartment are still black. If it was me I would return it all to black (or exterior to white for Texas heat), but to each their own. Some minor chips in paint (door edges, hatch corners, lower front valance area, etc)

Black leather interior, new headliner, has sunroof, but I di not play with it.. Armrest removed, center console modified some, but nothing unsightly. Alpine headunit in dash and a Alpine 6 CD/MP3 changer in glove box. Electric windows front and rear. I did not test the air conditioner.

New serpentine tensioner, but it still jumped around some when idling. Timing belt cover was missing.

Smoked some when backing it out of his driveway, some was slightly whitish blue smoke.

He had replaced the vacuum lines and N75 trying to cure the limp mode (did he switch the ASV and EGR hoses??)

I only drove it up to about 35 or 40 mph, realized it was not as peppy as my 2003 ALH 5 speed, knew I was not going to buy it, so didn't go any further.

Last edited: