Bad License Plates

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
I was "TAX 2" when I worked for the Ohio Department of Taxation. Now I am BAA HUM on my New Beetle. (someone already had "BAH")

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I won't mention the state to preserve the owner's privacy but a few years ago I saw a Prius with "HAD A V8" on the license plate. The owner probably drove a musclecar before getting a Prius. That owner would probably like driving a TDI much better than a Prius.

Last edited:

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
Here's one that will pi** you off!

(Look at both the plate, and the rear window decal)

Last edited:

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
The was a news articel down here last week for a guy who's plate was "no tags". Any parking tickets where the cops just wrote down no tags showed up on this guys registration. said he had to fight several thousand dollars in fines every quarter.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Many years ago Johnie Carson showed a picture of a beautiful Porsche 911 owned by a woman (obviously divorced) with Ohio plates that read "WAS HIS".

Have Fun!

Don

Dertaxman

TDI
None
ODITOR I was afraid if I spelled it out my car would be keyed.

The best one I read a story about IVNIK8 took about two years for DMW to figure it out and pull it...

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
My plates are up for renewal this July. I'm going to try to get NVWSSV if I can slip that by the MVD (read it upside down for the Seinfeld joke).

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
The funniest one I ever saw was a Cali? (I think) custom plate.

It was a collaboration of 1 l I O 0. The 1 and I didn't have the over and underhang so it was almost identical to the lowercase L. The 0 and O also were extremely hard to tell apart.

All put together like 1ll0IO11I, which is EXTREMELY hard to get a plate for police pursuit purposes.

A_Shifter

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
Saw this one the other day:
***HPND.
Really surprised that one got by.

See? It didn't get by the forum censor. Hint: Started with a W.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
On a driver's ed car in NH: NERVUS
On another driver's ed car in NH: C-US-GO
On a hearse in MA: URNEXT

BadMonKey

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Focus ST
99% of the time vanity plates are lame, never understood why people pay for them?

Got Bearings NY plate would be the exception.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S

It was a collaboration of 1 l I O 0. The 1 and I didn't have the over and underhang so it was almost identical to the lowercase L. The 0 and O also were extremely hard to tell apart.

All put together like 1ll0IO11I, which is EXTREMELY hard to get a plate for police pursuit purposes.
A buddy of mine had the plate HAHAHA on his bike, his buddy (who would often ride with him) had AHAHAH :)

-J

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I saw a NH '60s Caddy Hurse painted flat black with the place "I deliver"

saw a newish 3 series convertable with "TOP LS" an older woman was driving it too. I'm surprised that one made it through.

BobZ

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat tdi, 15 Passat TDI SE auto, 06 Sierra 6.6 DMax
today I saw "IM LAZY", well at least he admits it.
Was that on a corvette per chance? I think I know the guy... If it's who I think, he is actually a very hard working gentleman. His family had a couple of plates to that term. Some owned/worked in pizza joints <-- those people are there night and day and the other had an automotive repair shop. I used to take my cars to him when I lived/worked closer by.

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none

I think a lot of states don't allow numbers and letters to be mixed up just for that purpose.

greenskeeper

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Was that on a corvette per chance? I think I know the guy... If it's who I think, he is actually a very hard working gentleman. His family had a couple of plates to that term. Some owned/worked in pizza joints <-- those people are there night and day and the other had an automotive repair shop. I used to take my cars to him when I lived/worked closer by.
nope, on a ford something-or-other.