16395/P0011 after TB and VVT change

jjcsnlynn

Veteran Member
TDI
02 & 03 Jetta TDI,99 Beetle TDI, 04 Chevy Duramax 2500HD 4x4
This is not a TDI problem, so delete or disregard. I have it on a gasser forum but there is no help there. This forum rocks and you guys are so helpful

2004 Passat 1.8T
So after a timing belt change, VVT valve and chain change I am now getting the 16395. I tried changing the N205 but it didn't fix it.

I don't really understand what this code is telling me, so can someone explain if the intake cam is retarded or advanced...or what it's not doing.

The car runs great. Is there a measuring block that I can monitor and what should the value be?

I had my son, a qualified mechanic, check the VVT chain before I took it off and when I got it back together. I have not tried changing the fuel pump relay yet.

This is my daughter's car and I need to get it working right.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Sounds like the chain was installed wrong. These are VERY finicky to do, as the marks on the sprockets do not really line up exactly with a link in the chain. You have to follow the procedure very carefully, and count links, etc. 16 links between the sprockets on the top side.

There is a Basic Setting for camshaft adjustment, VCDS has it labeled.

jjcsnlynn

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks. I guess its coming back into the garage

jjcsnlynn

Veteran Member
TDI
Oilhammer,
I checked out the timing and everything seems correct. Can I send you some pictures to see if you can see anything wrong?
Jon

PS. Email sent.

Last edited: