inability to set clock in sel

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
I'm wondering if anyone has experienced a problem with setting the clock in an SEL. I have a 15, and never had a problem in the past with setting the clock, but now, however, I find I am unable to advance the hour and minutes as prescribed in the manual. It would seem the problem would be with the advance button, but I wonder if there is something else that could the cause.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Press the button on the left of the cluster, see hour in the MFD highlight white, hit the trip reset 23 times to roll it back an hour then press the left button again, highlight will go away.

Best part is watching the analog clock try and go forward fast enough before it realizes it'd be faster to go backwards

What does the manual say you need to do?

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
Press the button on the left of the cluster, see hour in the MFD highlight white, hit the trip reset 23 times to roll it back an hour then press the left button again, highlight will go away.

Best part is watching the analog clock try and go forward fast enough before it realizes it'd be faster to go backwards

What does the manual say you need to do?
Thanks for the input. I did go to Youtube and saw where it is simple and easy to use the MFI setting menu to easily change, and even check for roll over on th end and begining of day light savings time. The button setting on the dash still won't work, but I found this was through the MFI to be every so sweet.