Question on OBD2 Port on 2002 Jetta TDI

drseth

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Automatic
Hi,

I have enjoyed running Torque Pro in my other cars, but it appears the red connector under the steering wheel to the left is a different shape from the ELM327 Bluetooth Dongle I use on my Corvette. Is there another OBD2 port or do I need a VW compatible connector? The dongle I use is a OBDLink LX.

I bought this car last week, and so far am enjoying it. It has a few squawks but it gives me something to do.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Seth Anderson
Moon, VA

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Are you sure that you're looking in the right spot? VW uses the standard OBD2 socket.

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
The connector on your ELM327 interface should look like this...

Is this not the same for your Vette?

drseth

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Automatic
The shape of the connector is red and is of a slightly different shape than my GM products. I plugged it in and am getting data. I wish there was an Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor, but I like the Automatic transmission temperature sensor.

drseth

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Automatic
Guess I was not thinking. The connector is red, not black like all of the other OBD2 ports I have seen. The outer shape in the Jetta is different, but after checking, the prongs lined up. Not having an Owners Manual is bothersome, because there are nuances with every car. Guess I need to buy on EBay.