Cordeiro Report; Road America Results & Standings

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I watched the ALMS race from RA this weekend. LOVE that track. I think it's one of the best track layouts there is.

How was it from the driver's perspective?

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
That guy out braking himself was the worst bit of race craft that weekend. TDI Cup Cars are fun to watch, but many of the "drivers" have no idea what they are doing. It ain't a video game fellas, they are real cars and three wide into Canada aint' gonna work. Good job Andrew staying away from the carnage.

Formula BMW was the highlight, those kids could drive, lots of good hard, clean racing. GT3 was also good. World Challenge? Just shut it down...thin grid, awful sounding Acuras leading the 50 minute parade. TDI should have had 50 minutes and 30 minutes, better yet no minutes for World Challenge.

Practice and qualies for ALMS were outstanding. Fields and Dyson...:big thumbs up:.... Looking forward to stronger grid next year with new rules.

Last edited:

andrew1984

Veteran Member
TDI
several!!
Thanks for the words. I had an AWESOME weekend overall. First time in a while that I qualified so poorly, but I managed to climb up to 8th at one point, from 19th. The drive from Toronto took a toll on me, especially when I got stuck in Chicago with 4 hours of traffic. Did you get one of my CORDEIRO shirts that I was handing out during the autograph session?

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
andrew1984 said:
Thanks for the words. I had an AWESOME weekend overall. First time in a while that I qualified so poorly, but I managed to climb up to 8th at one point, from 19th. The drive from Toronto took a toll on me, especially when I got stuck in Chicago with 4 hours of traffic. Did you get one of my CORDEIRO shirts that I was handing out during the autograph session?
No I missed the autograph session, sure saw a lot of your shirts in the stands. Too bad your races are not longer, it takes time to sort out the field in a spec series.