fuel filter and air filter change out

TDIEB

TDI
2003 Golf blue
For some reason I can't remember how many miles before changing the fuel filter and the air filter. I think it is 30,000 for fuel and 20,000 for air, (stock air filter)

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Joester said:
i thought it was 20k for both, but i guess thats a good thing, lol
Most air filters are not anywhere near dirty by 40K miles though.

London Luke

Veteran Member
TDI
For what they cost and they can both be done in less than 10 mins?

what the hell !! Do it when every year !

Thor

TDI
Jetta 2000 black
Lucky you can get 20k, mine lasted about 17k and starts leaking out the water drain on filter, so i change it every 10k with oil

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
Thor said:
Lucky you can get 20k, mine lasted about 17k and starts leaking out the water drain on filter, so i change it every 10k with oil
What brand filter?

SheeB

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Manual
Wow, save yourself some money and invest in a CAT filter system. The CAT filters filter better and are cheaper and require a much longer change interval. There is also the newer Nicktane setup, which I like the head design better as I have scratch marks on my CAT filter head as it was a PITA to seperate from the filter the last change.

Last edited:

egibbys

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta TDI GLS
I checked my air filter, even though I know you aren't supposed to break that seal, but my air filter was super dirty. It only had 20k on it but after seeing it I'm glad I checked and swapped it out.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
egibbys said:
I checked my air filter, even though I know you aren't supposed to break that seal, but my air filter was super dirty. It only had 20k on it but after seeing it I'm glad I checked and swapped it out.
Did it *look* dirty, or was it actually dirty? There is a difference.

egibbys

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta TDI GLS
Bob_Fout said:
Did it *look* dirty, or was it actually dirty? There is a difference.
Well I dropped it on the ground and a ton of dirt and lint fell out of there. Like a thick layer. Cabin air filter was also the same way. It was also the same age as the engine filter.

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
SheeB said:
Wow, save yourself some money and invest in a CAT filter system. The CAT filters filter better and are cheaper and require a much longer change interval. There is also the newer Nicktane setup, which I like the head design better as I have scratch marks on my CAT filter head as it was a PITA to seperate from the filter the last change.
I replace my CAT fuel filter at 40,000 miles. Its easy to remember to change the fuel and air filters at the same time.

--Nate