P2102 and P2108 Engine Code

jgr86303

TDI
2005, 2012, 2014 Passat
I have a 2005 Passat TDI and have an new issue with engine codes P2102 and P2108 (TAC module performance and TAC Motor circuit low). I check the manifold flap and it seems to operate ok (opens fully when the engine is running and closes when I shut it off, the flap seems to move freely) The engine light will turn on and off as I drive the car, sometime staying off for a few days. I don't won't to replace the flap motor unless I'm sure it will solve the issue, a new one runs around $400

Thanks for any advise

Last edited:

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
If you think the anti shudder valve is randomly closing causing the engine to stop, you can unplug it. Worst thing it will do is throw a code and the engine will shudder when you turn it off. If it shuts off randomly after that, then you have another problem.

While it is still plugged in, turn the car on and wiggle the harness going to the valve. If you have a loose connection or break in the wire it may lose connection for a second, making the valve close and shutting off the engine.

jgr86303

TDI
2005, 2012, 2014 Passat
Thanks for the advise. The engine never stalls when running, the only symptom is the engine light going on and off. Otherwise I don't really notice a performance issue. I'll check the wires for an intermittent connection.

Thanks