COLUMBUS OHIO GTG!!!

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Many of the folks on MoGolfs ColubusTDI Yahoo group have been talking about a GTG. Seems as if there is a decent amount of local intrest and all signs point to it being a very doable event.

Right now there is talk of trying to get a saturday in Sept on which folks would be able to picnick, grill, tune, show and shine and then do a Poker Run, Scavenger Hunt and Mileage contest of sorts.

There is talk of trying to get a chip tuner to attend but this would be easier to do if several folks were ready to throw down some cash and would say it in advance. Maybe also some vendors and dent pullers/paint chip fixers or other such folks if we can find some who would be interested in attending.

If there is a need I will be very happy to try and negotiate a price break on hotel rooms but I for one and maybe other locals may in fact help put folks from out of town up for a night or two.

Not sure how big this event could be but some involved have done big things before without a hitch so I do not anticipate any problems. Just toss out some ideas about what folks want to see happen and name some dates and get ready to show up ready to have some fun!

gearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
Columbus TDI GTG

It's official. Saturday, 9/25/04 starting at 9am until___? A fellow TDI'er (Hank G) has generously offered his 4+ bay garage (with air & electrical supply) in Zanesville, OH. Zanesville is approx 45 minutes east of Columbus on Rt 70, & 2.5 hrs from Cleveland, Cincy, & Pittsburgh. Also, Fords BP carries BP Supreme
. It's just off I-70-E, exit 153A (State street, south <right> at first light). Hrs M-F, 6am to 9pm, Sat 6am-9pm, closed sunday. Supplying distributor re-confirmed. This is an independent, locally owned dealer ( Ford's BP, 740-454-7401 ). Nice people.

*** Directions posted here. See post #129. It requires yahoo sign up or you can e-mail me.

*** Local hotel accomodations: http://zanesvilleoh.areaguides.net/ohotels.html

Regarding food & beverage, we can order Pizza locally, cook on the grill or BWYG (bring what you got). This should be a good opportunity for us to get our cars ready for winter, trouble shoot,& or just socialize, possibly even a mod or two.

If anybody has any big jobs/ heavy maintaince (timing belt
replacement, suspension upgrades…), please reply to this post. That will give those in attendance enough time to prepare & plan ahead. FYI, I've done a number of suspension swaps & a few brake jobs for those in need.

Hope you to see you there!