Awesome roadtrip!

dbias

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE w sunroof buyback 3/18/17
College softball season has begun and I just completed the first roadtrip following my daughters team.
Huntington WV to Florence SC. The Passat was loaded with 4 adults and trunk was full of luggage. 450 miles down netted 48.6 MPG @ posted speed+5 on cruise. 450 miles back netted 46.2 MPG in pretty bad rain most of the way. All MPG hand calculated.
I don't know how many of you can appreciate what a drive the WV Turnpike is but the passat ran the length of it like a charm smoking everything in sight on those long steep pulls without even downshifting.
Had a great time. Will be going to Wilmington NC next.

inthewoods

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE Manual
I don't know how many of you can appreciate what a drive the WV Turnpike is but the passat ran the length of it like a charm smoking everything in sight on those long steep pulls without even downshifting.
I just did i64 last week... in the snow! That grade outside of Green Sulphur Springs is fun. :p
Too bad I had to do that road in a Honda Fit! :mad:

CNYTDi

TDI
2013 Passat TDi SEL
Syracuse NY to Harrisburg, PA a couple years ago, just the wife and I, we got 43 mpgs. Around town we pretty much ave 40-42 in the summer. Winter w/ 240# of tube sand, snow tires, mpg's drop to mid 30's. Last fill up was 29 but I attribute that to the below zero temps, eng running a tad longer, wife making short jaunts while on lunch and son learning how to drive. Overall, very happy w/ the car and it's mpgs. Be real interesting to see what VW does to make it right for those w/ TDI's.

dbias

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE w sunroof buyback 3/18/17
Syracuse NY to Harrisburg, PA a couple years ago, just the wife and I, we got 43 mpgs. Around town we pretty much ave 40-42 in the summer. Winter w/ 240# of tube sand, snow tires, mpg's drop to mid 30's. Last fill up was 29 but I attribute that to the below zero temps, eng running a tad longer, wife making short jaunts while on lunch and son learning how to drive. Overall, very happy w/ the car and it's mpgs. Be real interesting to see what VW does to make it right for those w/ TDI's.
I know. I've only had my tdi since 3/15/15 but can't imagine not having the torque and MPG. They say since fuel is cheap people are moving away from them. I don't know why because driving 450 miles on $17 of fuel is pretty nice.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Using my Fred Meyer (Kroger) fuel points, I paid 29 cents a gallon last week. Filled my car (had just under a 1/2 tank) for $1.95! That was about 350 miles worth. :)