BD and VW letter etc. Illinois and Chicago related

xxl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000, red, Jetta.....2013 Passat SE TDI
Hi.
I put this in the fuel and Lub section, but I want to know what guys here think also.
Im sorry if this has been beaten to death, but I just dont have time to sit for hours and look at the screen. (Too much work)
Anyway, I live on the SW side and I get my diesel from Valero in Summit which is loaded with Bio diesel now. Shell on Archer and Narragansett, and Thorntons on Harlem and Speedway down the street from there.
I also drive in the North Burbs ( work) and saw the thread about diesel up north, But what are you guys doing now with this letter warning about htis BD law?
I know they said that VW will honor any problem because of the Bio Diesel in this f'ed up State, now law.... What are you guys buying/trusting as far as the best diesel now. I guess trusting is the proper word here.

Anyone using GREAT diesel on the S/SW side of the Chicago area?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Just use anything up to B20 and watch your oil level. If it starts rising, take it in and get it changed on their dime. Or you can search all over for the few stations that serve up D2 or less than B5. There is a thread here in the midwest forums IIRC that someone was keeping of stations that had D2.

xxl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000, red, Jetta.....2013 Passat SE TDI
Just use anything up to B20 and watch your oil level. If it starts rising, take it in and get it changed on their dime. Or you can search all over for the few stations that serve up D2 or less than B5. There is a thread here in the midwest forums IIRC that someone was keeping of stations that had D2.
Thanks Bro'

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
We've driven our Passat less than 7K miles, but I believe pretty much every station we've fueled up at has the "may contain 5-20% biodiesel" sign. Personally, I'm not going to worry about it. I monitor my oil level pretty closely on all of our vehicles, so that should provide plenty of notice if I start getting oil dilution from this. So far, it's completely stable.

Only1Z

TDI
2012 VW Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual
Hi.
I put this in the fuel and Lub section, but I want to know what guys here think also.
Im sorry if this has been beaten to death, but I just dont have time to sit for hours and look at the screen. (Too much work)
Anyway, I live on the SW side and I get my diesel from Valero in Summit which is loaded with Bio diesel now. Shell on Archer and Narragansett, and Thorntons on Harlem and Speedway down the street from there.
I also drive in the North Burbs ( work) and saw the thread about diesel up north, But what are you guys doing now with this letter warning about htis BD law?
I know they said that VW will honor any problem because of the Bio Diesel in this f'ed up State, now law.... What are you guys buying/trusting as far as the best diesel now. I guess trusting is the proper word here.

Anyone using GREAT diesel on the S/SW side of the Chicago area?
Delta Sonic has Citgo Premium Diesel and is straight D2 (really good stuff). Meijers also has decent diesel with no bio.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

oswegoPD

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TSI, 2013 Passat 6M sold, 2012 Jetta Premium DSG sold, 2004 Jetta GL 5M (sold)
Does the Meijer in Evergreen Park sell diesel?