Illinois~ Let's get together!

kchizmar

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
:p
I thought I would get this thread going now! Sometimes it takes a little time to get these things organized!
Anyone willing to possibly host a GTG please post your location and any suggestions on how to make it fantastic!
Thanks
Kara
ps I would consider hosting
I live outside of Bloomington/Normal

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Sounds like a plan! Seems like all the IL GTGs are in the Chicago suburbs. We could use a downstate GTG.

Working GTG or a social GTG?

:)

ajbowman

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI sedan
I am Peoria, would like to find someone with a VCDS to program the "windows down from remote" feature. Not that I'm going to need it any time in the next few months...

kchizmar

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
We will have to figure something out!
I'll do a little research and see what I can figure out...
It's pretty early still but getting at least a date pinpointed would be great so people can plan ahead

Sayray24

TDI
1998 VW Jetta
i live a little ways north of olney and would love to see a down state gtg. there is a lot of room around my house but we're a little ways away from anything. that would be awesome though to cruise down into olney with a convoy of TDIs.

kchizmar

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Manual_tranny
that would be awesome! Good to know someone else is so close...
I think Bloomington/Normal would be a great location too

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
I would make the hike down there for a GtG.

I'm actually thinking of seeing if anyone wants to go to Hooters in Aurora at the Fox Valley mall January 8th around 5 or 6 pm. Keep an eye out for that thread coming soon to the Midwest section.

PAW

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 5 spd bug, 03 Jetta 5 spd con, 06 5 spd Jetta, 15 GSW DSG, 15 Golf DSG
glesburg i'll go

sounds good--depending on date i'm in --ooops if i knew how to spell i would be dangerous--

Bronco648

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
I would make the hike down there for a GtG.

I'm actually thinking of seeing if anyone wants to go to Hooters in Aurora at the Fox Valley mall January 8th around 5 or 6 pm. Keep an eye out for that thread coming soon to the Midwest section.
I'd be up for that (no pun intended...). :D

oswegoPD

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TSI, 2013 Passat 6M sold, 2012 Jetta Premium DSG sold, 2004 Jetta GL 5M (sold)
My schedule looks good for Hooters on the 8th.

Eric

AndySRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 cup car
I just picked up a black cup car on monday so i figure its time to get involved. I am going to try and make the meet.

kchizmar

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Geesh Hooters... Haha I might be able to make that too! I'm thinking a spring gtg in the bloomington/normal area would e a hit! I'm not sure what location would work best... There is a restaurant called destihl that I've seen several car shows at... They have a nice lot of course an ideal spot would be where there could also be some timing belt work being done

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
Geesh Hooters... Haha I might be able to make that too! I'm thinking a spring gtg in the bloomington/normal area would e a hit! I'm not sure what location would work best... There is a restaurant called destihl that I've seen several car shows at... They have a nice lot of course an ideal spot would be where there could also be some timing belt work being done
Destihl serves battered, deep-fried bacon. As an appetizer. Need I say more?

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Yes indeed, you can't go wrong with bacon!

Dan

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Love to make this one but it's my Dad's birthday that day. Maybe next time, or if this one gets rescheduled.

andy223

TDI
2015 Passat TDI DSG SEL Premium
1/8/11 @ Aurora Hooters sounds awesome. If anyone could bring a VCDS that would be even better! never been to a TDI GTG before.

'06 Jetta TDI - Silver/ Blk Leather / 5-Speed / 114K miles

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Andy:

You need to check out the actual thread for the Aurora GTG as it looks like it may be rescheduled.

Dan

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Andy:

It's in the midwest forum too. I think it's titled "Post holiday GTG in Aurora..." or something like that.

Dan