2014 Bluetooth question

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
It plays every other song now, instead of passively allowing my phone to play its tunes, and it is annoying. I guess that it is now PASSIVE/AGGRESSIVE, which is a little logical since it automatically lowers the volume on my phone while playing tunes and driving in Reverse, but it's not satisfactory for this day and age, when I expect to hear ALL my songs, not what the head unit wants to play.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Huh? I have played with 2 2014's with the RNS510 with my iPhone, and it acted as it should, and played music in the order of my playlist, or shuffled when I told it to shuffle.

What Radio do you have, what phone do you have?...Need a lot more info to attempt to help you.

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
Huh? I have played with 2 2014's with the RNS510 with my iPhone, and it acted as it should, and played music in the order of my playlist, or shuffled when I told it to shuffle.

What Radio do you have, what phone do you have?...Need a lot more info to attempt to help you.
Nokia Lumia 928.

This doesn't happen with 2013 Passats SE.

My car is now a 2014 Passat TDiSE, with its stock radio head.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Nokia Lumia 928.

This doesn't happen with 2013 Passats SE.

My car is now a 2014 Passat TDiSE, with its stock radio head.
Do you have Nav? Did you use the 928 with an SE? Any recent updates to the 928?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
Do you have Nav? Did you use the 928 with an SE? Any recent updates to the 928?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
1 - No Nav.

2 - Yes, I've used my 928 with many other 2013 Passats SE.

3 - I have not upgraded my 928.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
1 - No Nav.

So the RCD510 is most likely what you have. The SE comes with more thn one option as far as radio. I know the RNS-315 is what comes in the NAV SE's. Anybody know for sure, please correct me. I am not aware of any changes that have been made to any of the Radios other than the RNS-510 for 2014. There has been talk that the Bluetooth module changed in the 2014's which could explain it. Were the other MANY SE's ones with NAV?

Have you done the obvious steps? Have you rebooted the phone? Have you removed all instances of the VWPhone connection from you Bluetooth settings on the phone. Have you removed it from the car and added it back?

DmaxSmoke

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6MT
1 - No Nav.

I have a 14' SE TDI and my Samsung GS3 synced up right away with no issues.

When I went to stream music though I had issues because of multiple music apps (Amazon MP3 / Stock GS3 App / Etc..) on the phone. Once I set the correct defaults on the phone it worked fine. Double check the phone settings, that is the more likely issue I would think.

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a 14' SE TDI and my Samsung GS3 synced up right away with no issues.

When I went to stream music though I had issues because of multiple music apps (Amazon MP3 / Stock GS3 App / Etc..) on the phone. Once I set the correct defaults on the phone it worked fine. Double check the phone settings, that is the more likely issue I would think.
Syncking wasn't a problem. Only that now while playing music, it skips every other song.

I only installed one music app (Nokia) as soon as I got the phone, though perhaps the original RTOS Windows Music+Videos media section may act as a second music app. Whether there is a software conflict or not, the issue is that I haven't had this problem with any other Passat 2013, or 2012 for that matter (I drove six of them in the past 12 months). The only Passat having a hiccup is the 2014.

By the way, I did what LokiWolf said, and there is no change.

However, let me play around with the two phone software components I mentioned before.

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
I removed the NOKIA music app, and I still have the same problem.

Bottom line, they have a crappy new bluetooth driver in the 2014 Passat TDiSE head unit (510).

Next step, I will reset to Factory Settings and see what happens.

Last edited:

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
I gave up on listening to my phone stored music in Bluetooth.

I bought an 8GB SD card, and I'm back to the stone age.

It sounds good, but it feels like a mini-8track...