How to get cabin heat quickly!

quadrun1

Veteran Member
TDI
past: 2013 Passat TDI SE 6M, 2010 Jetta TDI DSG
This works great, even better than in my previous 2010 Jetta TDI. I guess the auxiliary electric heater is bigger in the Passat.

1) Set the thermostat to full hot... turn it up all the way
2) Set the fan speed to 2
3) Point the air flow to the floor
4) Turn on recirc

You'll get heat pretty quickly, as quick as (or quicker than) any gasser I've ever owned!

Jason

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
And don't forget to turn on your heated seats. Butts are a lot like women: if you make them happy first, everything else goes a whole lot easier.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I just leave the Climatronic in auto. Warm air by the top of the street and hot air within a mile. :)

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I find that turning on the ac compressor helps too.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I just drive the M-B when it's cold out. Heat much faster than the TDIs.

pparks1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Today it was around 28F when I left home. I had warm air coming out of my dash vents within .25 miles. Within a mile or 2 it's blowing nice hot air. It provides faster cabin heat than any other car I've owned.

DmaxSmoke

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6MT
Been in the 20's hear recently, and the car warms up just fine. Faster than the 12' Jeep did or my Duramax w/ the Winter Cover (Though that has an auto high idle below 37°F so letting it warm up does the trick).

oswegoPD

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TSI, 2013 Passat 6M sold, 2012 Jetta Premium DSG sold, 2004 Jetta GL 5M (sold)
Mine warms up a heck of a lot faster than my 04 Jetta did.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
This works great, even better than in my previous 2010 Jetta TDI. I guess the auxiliary electric heater is bigger in the Passat.
1) Set the thermostat to full hot... turn it up all the way
2) Set the fan speed to 2
3) Point the air flow to the floor
4) Turn on recirc
You'll get heat pretty quickly, as quick as (or quicker than) any gasser I've ever owned!
Jason
I'll try this on Monday, if I remember correctly there is a segment in the owners manual that covers this. Wonder if these are the same settings?

pparks1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
That too, but I think they took away climatronic in some of the 2013 models, no?

I love climatronic. :)
Yes, in 2013 "ONLY" the SEL's come with Climatronic. I had Climatronic in my 2002 and it was one area that I had problems with after the 7 year mark. Problems with vents opening and closing properly, sensing temp, etc. When I bought my 2013, I was actually happy to go back to the manual setup.