6sp for Passat TDI

Mike Hall

TDI
2000 Golf tdi
I purchased this TDI passat 6sp from a company in Europe and had it shipped over a few years back. The origianl purpose for the trans was not for my passat but for a custom mid engine car project with a VR6 but, that project stalled. I want to install this in my TDI passat now but, before I do I wanted to make sure it will fit the bill. I have not been able to locate more info on this particual model of transmission and all I know is it did come from a passat TDI model car. Anyone have any info they care to share?

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Need the 3 digit code stamped on the unit. Should be on the top of the bell housing and IIRC on the bottom center edge .

Mike Hall

TDI
2000 Golf tdi

Without going and looking over it again this is all I have. I do not recall seeing anymore digits stamped anywhere on the trans axle.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
On my O1E, the trans code (FRF) is stamped on the bottom of the bellhousing.

Mike Hall

TDI
2000 Golf tdi
Oh well its not one of the good ones but I guess it will work just fine. I was hoping it was a DQS or the FRF with the better ratio. I did get axles, shifter setup and all the mounts and hardware with it so now I just need to start finding all the other parts for a swap.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
You don't need much else. Mainly pedals and clutch.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Starter and the 5.5 mm spacer as well.

Also, if this transmission is from a 4motion, do you have the rear diff, axles, driveshaft etc?

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
If it came from a vr6 it won't fit, the angle the motor sits is opposite Tdi's.