Bosch Icon windshield wipers help

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
Costco has $3 instant rebate make Goodyear blades, making them $4.99, the work well, I bought 3, 21s, did not have a 19, in DC, Glen Burnie only had 16s and 28s, My jeep uses 21s too. Hencho en Estados Unidos!

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
Costco has now gone to Goodyear Hybrid instead of Assurance, and they do not fit Mk4 Golf and I am disappointed. I had to return 2 for the passsenger side, I found the last 18 inch Assurance so it should work fine instead of 19".

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
I prefer the OEM (VW) wipers

They fit and they work the best.
Do they even have OEM beam Wipers for Mk4, I buy OEMs for my B6 Passat. But for the Golf and Jeep GC I have bought Bosch, Michelin beams and I like them alot, Peak beam from BJs (didn't like them had to use adaptor, breaks off if it snows. The goodyears are (assuarance beams) excellent, but now options are limited, maybe Rain X

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
I wasn't impressed with Icons. I replaced the driver side with a new blade- Peak Optix. It works much better and is cheaper, although the universal attachment clip looks a little weird. I had trouble with the driver side Icon skipping a spot on return- it was annoying. The Optix blade is much more flexible/clean sweep and about $11 ea- FWIW.
Wife kept complaining about the streaky Icon on the passenger side. Replaced it with Peak Optix, made by Valeo. Adapter is a little odd looking, but wipes better than the Icons did for me. $11/ea FWIW.
RainX wiper fluid on sale at AZ 2gal for $7

wtribeflyer

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI sedan
I have the Goodyear Hybrids from Costco on two cars and on both cars the wipers float at hwy speeds and I lose blade contact in a small patch. VERY ANNOYING!! I don't recommend these

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
I have the Goodyear Hybrids from Costco on two cars and on both cars the wipers float at hwy speeds and I lose blade contact in a small patch. VERY ANNOYING!! I don't recommend these
I have been meaning to call and complain. What is with people and companies nowadays? You have a solid product that works great and you make a change? and it really not an improvement. I see this so often.

auntulna

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS Passat wagon, mit panzer plate
I can be cheap, I hate replacing blades.

I like Aquapel; apply it and it is good for a long time. I'm pretty sure it will run less money than Rain-X over time.

I am convinced that wipers last longer because of that, and they don't have to be used as often because the water runs off easier. It seems to be particularly appreciated by those in your life that are not car nuts, it makes life a little easier.