scangauge2 won't connect

greenskeeper

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
scangauge has been working flawlessly for years. Today it decided not to connect to the car.

I can hook my vagcom up and connect without a problem.

What's weird is that the scangauge will have power even with the ignition switch turned off. Eventually it goes into sleep mode.

Any ideas? I might reset the scangauge and try to reconfigure.

greenskeeper

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
still no luck. Anyone have their scangauge just decide to quit one day?

gern

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI,
I have. Mine just stopped for whatever reason. I unplugged and set it in the glovebox for a few days and hooked back up again. All was well for a few weeks. Unfortuately it has done this several times during the coarse of a year. A little frustrating.

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
scangauge has been working flawlessly for years. Today it decided not to connect to the car.

I can hook my vagcom up and connect without a problem.

What's weird is that the scangauge will have power even with the ignition switch turned off. Eventually it goes into sleep mode.

Any ideas? I might reset the scangauge and try to reconfigure.
Never had this happen to mine. Mine has always had power for about 10 seconds after I shut the engine down. Then it goes into sleep mode. This is normal. Did same when I had it in my previous rig. Does it say that it's trying to connect when you start the engine ? If yes, then thats not normal. If it's been in this car for a long time you shouldn't be getting the trying to connect. I'd unplug it from the OBDll port and the scangauge port. Then reconnect it again using the manuals procedure for the first time connection and see if it connects. How old is the unit ?

Dieselducky

Veteran Member
TDI
88 Jetta Diesel - 2000 Jetta TDI - 04 BMW M3 - 06 Kia Rio - F350 Superduty - 87 Buick GNX - Mobile Cranes
I've had it where it did not turn on till i started to drive up the street...Last week for the first time it did not turn on at all till i hit the power button myself..both times i recall locking/unlocking the doors a few times going in and out of the car....wonder if that had something to do with it