What are you guys paying for your 2012 Passat

jumpinjoe

TDI
2012 passat tdi
Got mine for MSRP $32,965 TDI SEL Gray/Black...included all-weather floormats, trunk liner w/ cargo blocks but no trunk spoiler. This was a curtesy from the dealer...long story but let's just say they had to fix their mess. Also, waited for the car for only a month (while driving their rental).
Paid the same price for the exact same car. Looks fine, doesn't it.:D

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
My 2012 Passat

Switch Model

Book a Test Drive

Print

Trim2.0 TDI HighlineBase Price$33,775.00
Engine 2.0L, 140 hp, turbocharged, in-line 4-cylinder with direct injection, common rail.
6-speed manual transmission.
My Options$0.00
ColourCandy WhiteFreight & PDI$1,365.00
Wheels7J X 17'' alloy wheelsFees & Taxes$4,681.20
InteriorVienna Leather, Cornsilk BeigeTotal$39,821.20

We get nicer equipment but pay for it.....and notice our taxes....we love canada cause we pay more for fuel, pay huge taxes, yet have more of it than anybody. We love feeding our friends to the south.

NateM

TDI
2012 Passat TDI Manual
ordered a blue/moonrock se 6 speed manual with rubber mats for $25300 (including dest) with or without trade. I think I did great. hopefully I get it before april!!

That's $1700 off MSRP!

Last edited:

Kincora

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Ordered my TDI SEL for $32,000 that included the delivery charge. Given how long it takes to get one, was glad they came off the combined msrp/delivery by roughly $1,000.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Sounds like a pretty good deal -- especially considering supply/demand situation. Best deal I remember reading for a non-demo SEL is $1200 off MSRP.

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Premium TDI
I am paying $31,146 for a TDI SEL-Premium - $500 below dealer invoice. I used the TrueCar buying service, so there was no need to haggle.

ssg510

TDI
none now
Got price down to $32,800 on platinum grey sel with rear spoiler, monster mat and cargo option. Did not include process fee of 400 and paper work fee 75 or tax an title. Did not buy. They think the are worth their weight in gold. Guess they are at this point.

bati

TDI
jetta
I'm looking to get a TDI in a few months but what are you guys paying monthly on lease and how many months?

thanks

Turtherlips

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE w/ Nav
I used www.zag.com and I was able to get a Tungsten Silver SE with Sunroof and Nav for $28,500. It was worth the upgrade from the basic SE with Sunroof for me to get the 18" wheels.

Santa2ya

TDI
None
SEL TDI Premium with trunk mat & blocks $33,090.00 (Sticker).
Between my trade & cash I financed $14.5k @ 1.9% for 36 months.

What a sweet ride.

Santa2ya

TDI
None
i'm guessing around 380-400 a month?
Slightly higher but you are really close. One of the first questions I had for the F&I person at the dealership was if there was an early payoff fee. VW has no such fee where as other banks do. Currently I plan on payments for about 18 months instead of the 36 I choose.

WOW! Hard to believe a VW TDI is this sweet.

Last edited:

ssg510

TDI
none now
Bit the bullet: I ordered a '01 SEL Premium for $31,946 including destination, but not add-ons. Works out to apx under $1,000 MSRP.

TDI_SC
Is the price for everything except tax, title and tags. What dealer did you use. Did you get it yet. I live one hour north of Charlotte. Thanks

ssg510

TDI
none now
Bit the bullet: I ordered a '01 SEL Premium for $31,946 including destination, but not add-ons. Works out to apx under $1,000 MSRP.

TDI_SC
Is the price for everything except tax, title and tags. What dealer did you use. Did you get it yet. I live one hour north of Charlotte. Thanks

MarkB

TDI
2012 Passat
SE Sunroof and Nav

Opera red, SE w/sunroof, nav and DSG, no other options. Paying $300 over invoice not including tax and title.

LimonPani

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDi SE DSG
Just curious, what is considered a good deal for a TDI Se Manual?

NateM

TDI
2012 Passat TDI Manual
Just curious, what is considered a good deal for a TDI Se Manual?
MSRP is 25,995 + 770 dest
I paid 25,300 with no dest and 299 doc fee and thought I got a fair deal..
I have since seen them as low as 24,888 on cars.com

Niner

duplicate account, banned
MSRP is 25,995 + 770 dest
I paid 25,300 with no dest and 299 doc fee and thought I got a fair deal..
I have since seen them as low as 24,888 on cars.com
I got the same package as NateM, I've seen them as low as $24667 at Mattie Imports, this was in February. As stated elsewhere, I paid $24,900 for mine, before doc fees and taxes. I think my doc fees were $100?

So far, I can't express how happy and satisfied I am with mine in 3000 miles and 2.5 months of ownership... my last fillup, 50% city driving, was 49.7 MPG pencil and paper... 484 miles, 9.87 gallons or something like that. Freeway driving was at 65, and the A/C was used maybe 25 % at 75F and fan on position 1 or 2 out of 8. Fuel was Conoco / Unocal.

LimonPani

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDi SE DSG
MY current vehicle is an 03 Camry, I have always owned Japanese and feel its time to try something else. I have been lurking these forums for years. Finally decided to pull the trigger if right deal comes along.

But dealers I have dealt so far are not giving me that kind of price. Also have not had luck finding any as it seems demand is high and supply is low.

LimonPani

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDi SE DSG
I agree...I also do not think that will change much so I just have to find a deal I am comfortable with I suppose. I even checked dealers in the Northern VA area but no one had any!

Niner

duplicate account, banned
I agree...I also do not think that will change much so I just have to find a deal I am comfortable with I suppose. I even checked dealers in the Northern VA area but no one had any!
''

Send VeeDubtdi a Private Message, he can steer you in the right direction on how to get it done at Langhorne. Or look up 3193 in the "for sale section" and ask him about what you are looking for.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=335439

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=341028

Last edited: