twin turbo vnt15's alh

jeffpepin

TDI
1.9 ALH jetta 2003
i got the same idea since i have tuned my ecu at its max then realised that a vnt15 ( GT1749VA) can Really Produce 25.5PSI at daily run but turbo will live max 50 000km and will be razor shaped used on compressor whell ,
it was at this time ive got this idea ,, one vnt15 for hexaust 1-3 another one for hexaust 2-4
you delete airbox , relocate batterie in the trunk
and you salvage a 2.0L AEG hexaust manifold that wou will Rebuild 1-3 and 4-2 side by side at the place of airbox/battery
you mount 2 Borg & warner KP39 insead of Vnt 15 because supossly they are smaller
hexaust 1 and 3 drive the first turbo , hexaust 4-2 drive the other ,
add another intercooler on driver side then blend the output of the 2 intercooler in your intake at oem location
for n75 , you need to run both turbo at max spool , ( no actuator crank'd at max )
then add a blowoff valve on your compressed side or hack a BEW intake trottle body to use it as a blowoff valve ,
route your blowoff to n75 and its Absolutly possible that it work in reverse that should be ,
in this case you will need to invert totally the n75 duty cycle map

for oil line circuit , a flexible oil line goes on 1st turbo , oil return of this one goes into feed in of turbo 2 then return of turbo at it oem location on engine

it sould produce the same performance as my overclocked1749V but without hurting turbo'S

also will probably produce faster boost response , because turbos will be always ready ,
this si my dream , not yet started in real , not sure if ive finished to run it with succes in my head

your idea will work , i can bet on this 20$ lol

also possible to do the same thing for turbowing a 2.0l AEG with agt1749V , but ecu dosent take it at all , need to megasquirt it and was not my tea cup , abandonnedthis project years ago

Last edited:

jeffpepin

TDI
1.9 ALH jetta 2003
DOh i have already respond to this some time lol and just see it ! , look like my projet have evoluated since my last comment

Last edited:

jeffpepin

TDI
1.9 ALH jetta 2003
Isn't the max boost of a VNT15 ~18 PSI? So what exactly would one be gaining by doing twin tubos? I guess lower EMPs but you are still limited to 18 PSI....
for sure no , its the max for the theknical specification , same as a CPU , and if you overclock it , ive peak at 25.5 PSI and im sure if ive continued to floor it turbine would probably explose lol need to tune the ecu to see these result