vw rialito v-6

turbodan62

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI, Rabit TDI
i was looking to buy a vw rialita motorhome and switch in a v-6 tdi engine for bettor mileage , any ideas ?? Thanks again Tdan :D

turbodan62

Veteran Member
TDI
the rialta 's on late models came with an 201 hp v-6 , so i can not see why the tdi would not fit . the only thing is the das auto trans & the tdi auto the same transaxle Tdan

Zeitgeist

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Variant and Vanagon mTDI
The late models came with a VR6, which is narrow angle, not all that different from an inline engine. These engines had all their peripherals built to install in the transverse position. The Audi V6 is a wide angle, with no peripherals built to install transversely in a T4.

I currently own an Audi with a V6 and a late model T4 with a VR6.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You cannot put a V6 in the T4. They never had those. They had a VR6, which is completely different.

The TDI they would have used would be an inline 5 cylinder, or a 4 cylinder.

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
There were 2 engine codes of the 2.5L I-5 TDIs that were 151hp. They require a long nose to properly fit the FMIC. They had large VNT turbos and will readily be tuneable to 180-190hp with gobs of smooth linear torque. Coupled to the O2G 5 speed trans- it's the ideal powertrain for power, efficiency and longevity.

Again though, CA is under state emissions inspections. Not something to ignore IMHO.

turbodan62

Veteran Member
TDI
rialta tdi

i will be moving to arz. next yea, so no need to worry about smog stuff in Commiefornia .. the 5 cylinder looks like a g;)ood fit

turbodan62

Veteran Member
TDI
5 cyl. tdi engine

what does a 5 cyl. tdi engine complete cost ? i here they had some issues with cyl were / oil starvation etc ... Thanks again Tdan

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
what does a 5 cyl. tdi engine complete cost ? i here they had some issues with cyl were / oil starvation etc ... Thanks again Tdan
I think you're thinking of the old 2.0L IDI diesels. They were prone to top end oiling issues. The 2.5s are great engines.