2010 Audi Q7 TDI

TDI
q7
I have one, and I have no clue what to do, 136 000 miles, runs beautifully, size is superb for anything that you have to do (kids, dogs, hauling)

I can either take the buyback, which I do not really want to have another hassle of getting another car and everything associated with it.

How is the Fix work? I did my search and read that there is no fix for Gen1 vehicles. I mean what is happening to Gen1 vehicles after they are bought back?

I am in a limbo because the figure on the buyback is very attractive, on the other hand, I strongly believe there is no 1 to 1 replacement for the Q7 TDI that is available in the US as of now.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Take the buyback and use the proceeds to buy a more recent Q7 TDI, getting a long warranty on key systems for years to come.

TDI
q7
Take the buyback and use the proceeds to buy a more recent Q7 TDI, getting a long warranty on key systems for years to come.

Tried to look, it is very limited amount of cars. And dealers that have the 2015 leftover, most that I contacted are not able to sell it yet.

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
Tried to look, it is very limited amount of cars. And dealers that have the 2015 leftover, most that I contacted are not able to sell it yet.
+1 to what mythdoc suggested. There is of course a leg work but reward is substantial as well. IMO you will save depreciation value+restitution.
If not a hardcore diesel fan then I suggest looking into pre-owned gas models which are similar in size and have some offer good discounts.
Fourplay here on this forum may have few TDIs to sell to. PM works great.
Also you can check out bmw x5 diesel, you can one find a 2014/2015, low mileage for $36000.

bioburner

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Wagon 285k - Gone ‘10 JSW - Gone '13 Q7 145k
There will be a lot more Gen 2s on the market after people take them in for the fix and collect their $~10k. You can drive yours depreciation free (until well into 2018) while you casually shop for a fixed Gen 2 (more hp/tq/mpg) with less miles than your Gen 1. Also a nice long warranty on many of the $$$ components covered by the fix.

I suspect you will see '13-14 Q7s for sale in the $25-30k range in the coming months. The speculators will be trying to get rid of their fixed Gen 2s in the next few weeks for a little profit before the market becomes a lot more competitive (more power to you guys).

No reason to keep your higher mileage Gen 1.

Last edited:

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
1. No fix for yours, which means your vehicle is bordering on worthless to anyone besides you and VW.

2. Have all of your paperwork completed and ready to schedule a buy back appointment if you haven't already.

3. Decide exactly what you want, there is a 1 for 1 replacement. That being a 13-16 Q7 TDI. Plug those results into Autotrader and check daily.

3b. Contact Fourplay on this forum, he may have exactly what you are looking for and is in Georgia.

4. Enjoy your new(er) Q7 with less miles, less squeaks and more warranty!

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
They are just as likely to fix and resell the Gen1's as well, but approval is not expected to come until sometime next year.. they have no hard deadline to be fixed and they were not even scheduled to submit a fix for review and acceptance (6mo ordeal at least) until after the Gen2's were approved.

If you have a Gen1 i'd hold onto it until closer to the end of the program, give it back and use the money to get another one.. pocket the difference or upgrade significantly... By then the stop saled vehicles will be on market, fixed Gen2's will be on market, and quite likely fixed Gen1's will be back on market.. so it'll be a good time to buy, better than right now.