New 2013 Passat TDi SE w/ roof

flyman1981

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Hello TDICLUB,

I finally purchased a TDI car for my daily driver. Over the past 5 years I have been switching around POS cars to drive back and forth to work while my nice new truck gets spider webs all over it. I finally give up and truck in order to have a nice new daily driver with 40+ mpg. Maybe down the road i'll get another POS truck to tow my sled trailer and for Lowes trips. Pictures will soon be posted but its a 2013 Passat SE w/roof, silver w/ black leather-ette. I couldn't pass up the price (end of market year) and being the end of the month they gave me a good price on my trade.

I went in with 3 other dealer trade in quotes, my payoff info and had my banks interest rates. I told them everything up front and said I want no BS on this deal. Show me what cars and options you have, let me pick the car, and show me the two values of the cars and nothing else.

Thanks,
Brian

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Nice car. Welcome!

New trucks are great but unless you need them daily or a few times a week an old cheap truck ($5k or less) will be just fine.

I bought a 2012, quad cab, 4x4, long bed, 2500, Cummins at the end of March. It's got 9K on it already....lol. My old 1/2 ton was not great at towing cars around and I got tired of repairing it. It saves me a tons on towing services and more importantly saves time. The dealer wanted it gone and discounted it $16K! Plus %2 financing...

flyman1981

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
n1acguy - Thanks, its a great car so far. Just cracked 100 miles ;-) I have already developed the game with myself to watch the consumption readout as i drive. It has been reading 48-60 on the highway portion of my drive to work. I just set the cruise at 65~ish and smile.

jasonTDI - Congrats on the Cummins. I wanted one, but they just hold there value so well and i really dont need it, but damn did i want one. I just traded my 08 Hemi Ram Larmie that I bought new. It only had 58k on it and most were from the first 3 years when i did daily drive it. I loved the Ram and it gave me NO problems. I just couldn't see paying for it when, like you said, a $5K beater truck with work.

shepi1

TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI
My wife drives the fuel hog (2008 Durango) for her daily car, which we use for towing and Lowes trips.

Only 100 miles on the car so far? I've had my Jetta TDI only a little over a month and I've put 2000 miles on it. Then again, my commute is 40+ miles each way. Unfortunately, a lot of that is in heavy traffic, so I don't get the kind of fuel mileage I would really love to get. I'm still averaging over 40 mpg.

I play the game of watching the fuel consumption as I drive, too. Always looking for that sweet spot. On my Jetta, it seems to be around 60 mph.

arikinthecity

TDI
2013 SE DSG with sunroof
Just got a 2013 Passat TDE SE with Sunroof

I guess I'm formally in the club too. Just picked up a Titanium with Black "Leather" SE TDI/DSG. I will only drive it on weekends. My wife is breaking it in on her 10 mile round trip to work each day and I will get it in 2 years when my POS Honda Civic lease ends.

I paid $23,500 plus tax/reg with 0.9% for 66 months. One surprise was finding the Adblue/Tef filler cap in the trunk. I thought that the Passat didn't need it. I'll buy a few containers when the 3Y/36K service ends.

I can't wait to play the consumption game on weekends.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Bought a gray SEL Premium from Suntrup VW in St. Louis yesterday, so the "club" continues to grow.

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Had mine for going on 2 years (October 2011) and have put almost 42K on it. All smiles so far. I retired it from my daily commute duty back in February (averaged 100 miles a day 5 days a week) and now the wife drives it so the miles are racking up much more slowly now...