Dealer in VA can get A5.5 pkg2's and B5 GLS Wagons

ADW_squared

TDI
Jetta (IV) GLS, 2005, Reflex Silver (For Sale); Jetta (V) 2006 Pkg 2 TDI, Spice Red with Anthracite Interior(!)
Dealer in VA can get A5.5 pkg2\'s and B5 GLS Wagons

Just wanted to inform those about a dealer I've been working with in Staunton, VA. We were originally looking at A5.5 pkg 2 TDI's, and found very little availability within 75 miles of DC. He pretty much told me to pick my color, as he found multiples of each. We have since decided we needed a wagon (or the stork has I should say), and I am working with him now on a B5 GLS TDI, of which he is still able to find a few. Here's the pricing info:

A5.5 pkg2 TDI: $26,000, not including tax/tags/etc or $500 VW finance credit. Price quoted 8/10/05 and re-confirmed 8/17/05.

B5 GLS TDI w/ 17" Alloys, ESP, Cold Weather: $26,300, not including yadda,yadda,yadda. Price quoted TODAY, 8/24/05

Contact Dwayne Armstrong : dwaynearmstrong@ruleauto.com
Rule VW Honda
800-277-0598
540-886-2357
http://www.rulevw.com/en_US/

I asked his permision to post the prices and he said no problem, so have at it, all of you!

ADW^2

Requiescat In Pace
Burlington, NJ {35 minutes from Phila Int"l
TDI
all the TDI's on the lot
Re: Dealer in VA can get A5.5 pkg2\'s and B5 GLS Wagons

Not disputing what the dealer in Va. is seeing possible in his computer, just asking what site he is seeing these on.
I thought I was pretty good at locating those hard to find cars!

How about a couple Vin#'s to see the actual available cars!

Regards,Chris

ADW_squared

TDI
Jetta (IV) GLS, 2005, Reflex Silver (For Sale); Jetta (V) 2006 Pkg 2 TDI, Spice Red with Anthracite Interior(!)
Re: Dealer in VA can get A5.5 pkg2\'s and B5 GLS Wagons

I hope Dwayne will wait until I have SOMETHING in my driveway before he gives away his secrets...or I'll take my ball and go home if my wagon is taken out from under me...

I can verify that calls were made to current purveyors, as one which showed up in the computer which would have been really nice (blue-silver wagon with velour and ESP) turned out to be not available - but my current possibility is.

I'd say us VA boys just know where to look, but I did most of my growing up in NJ, so I can't take any credit.

ADW^2

ADW_squared

TDI

UPDATE on PASSAT WAGON availability:
Well, to the person who was able to buy my blue graphite GLS wagon before I could get a deposit in (not Dwayne's fault in any way), I say....congrats to you. Not knowing if you read the boards or not, I hope you at least got a good deal on it...
Now for the rest of us - Dwayne is having a hard time OBTAINING much of the rest of the outstanding passats due to the current dealers wanting a wagon trade instead of $$. I've found plenty out there, but few are willing to deal with another dealer, which means I may be forced to travel...

ADW^2

ADW_squared

TDI
Re: Dealer in VA can get A5.5 pkg2\'s and B5 GLS Wa

Final Update:
I flew to Cleveland yesterday and drove back my 2005 gls wagon. Drove it back to Nothern VA, and according to the computer averaged 40.9 mpg. I know those tend to overstate, but still was fun.
To others looking - I have found a few other wagon passats, all in OH. Mostly silver and black, one or two gray. If seriously looking, I suggest going to VW.com and searching all dealers in OH. Good Luck to all!

now I need to update my sig...

ADW^2

bdodge

TDI
jetta, 2002, silver

I am looking for a TDI, not sure if I should get the Passat or Jetta 06? I am purchasing for MPG mainly.

I did what you suggested and went on VW.com looking for TDI's in OH, but i am a bit confused on some of the listings and engines. Is the 2.0L T I4 the same as the 2.0L I4 TDI?

Thanks for your help. and sorry you got skated out of your car.

bdodge

ADW_squared

TDI

The 2.0T is the GAS FSI engine - you'll see it on 06 Passats and on 06 Jetta GLI and GTI's. It is not a TDI.

Do you need a wagon? If not, get the jetta. Hands down. We went with Passat wagon because we have a 2-year old and other on the way. The seatroom in the 06 Jettas and 05 Passats are nearly identical, but the passat wagon has 39 cu ft of room behind the seats - the jetta has only 16 cu ft.

Jetta gets a little better mileage. I have both, and while I haven't driven the passat too much, the jetta seams to get about 5-8 mpg more then the passat.

ADW^2