Turbo vaccum hose

Blackbug1

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
Where does the vacuum hose off of the turbo connect on a 2002 Jetta TDI.
Serpentine belt came off got under car and noticed the vacuum hose was not connected to anything? Car seem low on power only from a dead stop. Hoping this will take care of the problem.
Thanks

Blackbug1

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
Should go to the solenoid valve. N-somethingorothernotN-18.
Thanks KLXD I found it and the car runs much better. My grand son purchased this car as a commuter car from a dealer who had no history on it. It looks like to me the injection pump has been completely rebuilt lately. Had no idea when the timing belt was done, but it looks like it has been done recently because the stretch bolts look to be new and I would think that if a person was having the injection pump removed, rebuilt, and replaced (a job no ordinary Joe can do) they would also do the timing belt at that time. So what would you suggest on when to do a timing belt. Car has 164K on it.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Means jack. If you did not personally observe the t/B change it did not happen as it should have. Usually what fails is not the belt. It will be a roller or a tensioner.

Last edited:

jrip

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000, Blue, TOTALED, Jetta, 2002, Green
I agree with Ol'Rattler. If you do not have any written proof(such as the bill or something) the repair was either not done, or not done properly. I would suggest the timing belt be replaced in the very near future. Failure to do so is truly taking a very large gamble.