2.0 TDI 140 oil consumption??

Mat

TDI
MK6 Golf TDI Highline (ordered)
Hi, I've been talking to a european friend who told me the 2.0L TDI 140 engine in europe is known to have big oil consumption issues.

Does the NA version of the engine have the same issues? How's your oil consumption with the '09 and '10 TDIs?

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Mat said:
Hi, I've been talking to an european friend who told me the 2.0L TDI 140 engine in europe is known to have big oil consumption issues.

Does the NA version of the engine have the same issues? How's your oil consumption with the '09 and '10 TDIs?
So far, excellent. I just had the oil changed at 10,000 miles. I checked it just before (and after) the service and it was full both times. When I bought my 2009 JSW I also bought an extra liter of (VW approved) oil for "top-offs", but I have never opened the bottle. So far, oil consumption has been minimal. Here's to hoping it stays that way.

Have Fun!

Don

soldierguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI S DSG
I'm at about 3200 miles. Oil level is exactly where it was the day I took delivery...right on full. I also have a "just in case" bottle of oil in the trunk that hasn't been opened.

Tiger04

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
I'm at about 2200 miles and so far no consumption. I check the oil about every 500 miles. According to the break-in procedure by Drivbiwire if you follow the procedure you will not have any oil consumption issues.

Mat

TDI
MK6 Golf TDI Highline (ordered)
Thanks for the feedback, that's reassuring...
I guess the guys that get big oil consumption didn't properly break-in the engine...

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
5500 miles and no oil consumption.

UberVW_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf Variant TDI
1900 miles, no oil consumption. Extra liter bottle in the car which has not been opened yet. Have been breaking in per recommended procedure...

pawel

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 TDI 6 MT, Platinum Gray Metallic, Anthracite Interior
Mat said:
Hi, I've been talking to a european friend who told me the 2.0L TDI 140 engine in europe is known to have big oil consumption issues.

Zero oil consumption in 45,000 miles