Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

Bahamut

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat Comfortline TDI, DSG
You know what that means...VW doesnt have to give discounts on their vehicles for TDI owners who are looking at new cars. Sucks for those who were thinking of another VW.
I thought they weren't allowed to offer any incentives, even if it wasn't part of the buyback deal, if those incentives would push the customer one way or another towards a decision.

tdegeld

TDI
2012 Golf 4 Dr Comfortline TDI
I thought they weren't allowed to offer any incentives, even if it wasn't part of the buyback deal, if those incentives would push the customer one way or another towards a decision.
They're not allowed to offer incentives in place of the settlement guidelines, but they are allowed to offer any incentives they want as long as there is no conflict.

Jordaney

TDI
2012 Passat
You know what that means...VW doesnt have to give discounts on their vehicles for TDI owners who are looking at new cars. Sucks for those who were thinking of another VW.
It doesn't matter what they give me, I'm getting rid of mine and never looking back. I loved the car but it's been a lemon and the dealer in Durham region is The worst dealer I have ever dealt with. They turned me VW and Audi all together.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Can you imagine the state of the vehicles that are in port, and not at dealerships? Yeeesh: seized brakes, flat-spotted tires, and the list goes on. Even if they did release them for sale, I would have my concerns about buying one: I'm sure they could fix them up but a vehicle sitting that long without any maintenance cannot be a good thing.
Can a 'merican post on your thread?

Can't speak about other technical issues,

Buy brakes and tires not a problem -- me thinks.

But I would concede the issue of SUN --- if stored in the open. Loathe sun baked cars:mad:

Bahamut

Veteran Member
TDI
It doesn't matter what they give me, I'm getting rid of mine and never looking back. I loved the car but it's been a lemon and the dealer in Durham region is The worst dealer I have ever dealt with. They turned me VW and Audi all together.
Durham region dealer? I bet I know who it is...and yeah, they have a HORRIBLE attitude.

The worst part about this for me is the dealer I deal with: they are one of the best dealerships I have ever dealt with.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...w/news-story/8039d7c4784c011d1e9e692b96f230e4

It's amazing how after a huge scandal like this and they still out do Toyota.
Before I got the full buy back news, I was considering a new 2016 Camry

Local Toyota dealer offered choice of 6-7 dozen Camry units at MSRP with $5,500 off. ~~ (DOC fee $295)

Now my buy back is frozen at $25,272 and I will drive it free two more years. Then buy something 2018 Fall

Me thinks Toyota is pulling the limits on sales. They really want to be # 1

Bahamut

Veteran Member
TDI
Before I got the full buy back news, I was considering a new 2016 Camry

Local Toyota dealer offered choice of 6-7 dozen Camry units at MSRP with $5,500 off. ~~ (DOC fee $295)

Now my buy back is frozen at $25,272 and I will drive it free two more years. Then buy something 2018 Fall

Me thinks Toyota is pulling the limits on sales. They really want to be # 1
Problem is when manufacturers start to get ambitions of being #1: back when Toyota was pushing for the top spot they had that nasty business with the unintended accelerator issue.

After that, VW announced that they wanted to be #1 by 2018 or so: now looks what happened to them. Don't know how they still managed to beat out Toyota though.

Its almost like once they have "#1" ambitions they start cutting extra corners to make cars cheaper.

tdegeld

TDI
Seriously... Just want some information... Anything would be helpful.... But not even any info on when the hearing starts? Really?

Bahamut

Veteran Member
TDI
It's still the same pre-canned answer.
Thanks for the clarification: I was just picking out key words to figure it out:).

I'm suspecting that its some sort of bot that is responding to tweets: I bet there's not actually a real person entering responses. That would be hilarious if true.

n1d0n

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf tdi wolfsburg and 1986 toyota pickup SASed AHU tdi
confidential until when.. I hope to hear something by the end of the day...

chachee

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I have to replace two cars this year, and if that is all we are going to get as an update today..then I will be finished with VW.
I used to like VW, but they shafted us with the "goodwill" cards, and they are leaving us in the dark on the repair/buyback. I don't care if it is court ordered....they have had almost a year to figure this out.
They clearly don't care about us Canadian consumers.
<end of rant>

Bahamut

Veteran Member
TDI
Just looking at those Twitter posts: they show as recent, but they were from 8:30am - 8:50am this morning...so probably is a canned response.

joey003

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Yeah, they're replying to everyone on twitter with the same response. Seems like people tweeting them are getting tired of waiting too.

tdegeld

TDI
I got a responce on twitter.... But it's the same thing they keep copying an pasting over and over again....

Volkswagen CA TDI
‏@VWCanadaTDI
@tomdegelder The Ontario Superior Court of Justice received a progress update on ongoing class settlement discussions in Canada. (1/2)

Volkswagen CA TDI
‏@VWCanadaTDI
@tomdegelder The parties have been ordered to keep the details of discussions confidential. (2/2)

I don't think we're going to hear a bloody thing today.

Bahamut

Veteran Member
TDI
I have to replace two cars this year, and if that is all we are going to get as an update today..then I will be finished with VW.
I used to like VW, but they shafted us with the "goodwill" cards, and they are leaving us in the dark on the repair/buyback. I don't care if it is court ordered....they have had almost a year to figure this out.
They clearly don't care about us Canadian consumers.
<end of rant>
As a Canadian customer, I'm about to kindly ask VW to go do something very inappropriate with themselves.

tobianogreg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta returned
As a Canadian customer, I'm about to kindly ask VW to go do something very inappropriate with themselves.
If you do, make sure to include @VWcanada not just @vwcanadatdi. I'm sure it was set up to deflect bad news from their main feed.

Think we're going to have to chill cause this could go on for years. :mad:

Darkone

TDI
'15 A8L TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI
What the F&^%!

Volkswagen CA TDI
‏@VWCanadaTDI
@tomdegelder A court update on the progress of settlement discussions was provided on July 28. (1/1)

And we still do not know anything ???