Can anyone check on the build status of my car?

CountryBoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG, 2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-Speed
I know its selfish but I just want to know where my car is in the build status. Dealer is not very rushed to help out. I understand as it won't be done for awhile I'd just like to know where it is in the process. My tracking number is 461244. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

landrumdh

Veteran Member
TDI
landrumdh
yes and no.

Dealers can request cars that are going into production but haven't been assigned yet. They can't change anything on the car but the destination.

And once the dealership has a car assigned to them there is a place for Cust name, I've seen in on a computer print out

Your dealer should be able to give you a printout with the dates of what happened when to your car. It dosen't have any expected dates but will tell you when what's happened. Mine did.

Just me or do some dealer suck and others rock?

CountryBoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG, 2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-Speed
I know all that but I have a tracking number and was wondering if anyone outside the dealership could tell me. My dealership is busy selling cars and is not in a HUGE rush to tell me nothing has changed.
Just wanted to check on the minor chance that something has changed.

michTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and 2015 GSW MT
Try Phil Teves at www.scottvw.com I think that he can find this out for you......But its better if you e-mail him than just post to the Scott VW forum.....I think his e-mail is listed somewhere on the website......

aero50zoom

i just had a conversation with my salesman and he told me that all the tdi's are being held at the docks. the reason is they (vw)are changing 7 parts and they would not say what parts they are. yet there are no recalls! on the upside he has a confirmation for a tdi wagon.