What did you do to your car today?

Ian F

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Indigo Blue
My car is currently sitting wheel-less on my lift... waiting for the set of new-to-me Kumho ASX tires I bought for $90 to get mounted after work today.

As I look at a p/u bed full of tires and wheels (literally - plus 4 loose tires in the cab), I'm thinking, "ya know... maybe a tire changer and balancer wouldn't be a bad idea after all... :rolleyes: "

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Weather tech wind deflector for the crappy sunroof. was too cold to open the sunroof and we're getting rain for the next 3 days.

Ordered H&R 24mm RSB, should be here wednesday, oh man this is scary.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I got the .205 injectors in. And more to my liking, I FINALLY figured out the cruise control issue and got that to work.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
Lug_Nut said:
I got the .205 injectors in. And more to my liking, I FINALLY figured out the cruise control issue and got that to work.
Excellent! Did the write-up from brake+throttle+ECU=fail help at all?

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
koni FSDs

last night:

installed lower control arms TT bushings and installed in the front koni FSDs and koni sport springs(thanks peter:) ), I will do the rears next week on my day off again:D .
Thanks to 95 avus blue for the help

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Finished up the front brakes-while I was at it,I decided to put the summer tires on.Figured out the center console boot-I noticed the driver's side parking brake cable wasn't retracted:mad: .....guess I'll have to tear into it this week sometime and get some parts ordered.....

BolaB4V

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 passat tdi wagon, 97 F-150 XLT 4x4, 99.5 Mk4 Jetta VR6/5M
UPS should be dropping cabin and oil filters off soon. Weather's going to be nice this Easter w/end...will be pampering the B4 a little.

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
I plan on doing my diesel purge tomm for the first time! 172k on the motor, should make some what of a difference. Can't wait to see how dark the fluid changes!

chirishboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
blacksheep said:
I plan on doing my diesel purge tomm for the first time! 172k on the motor, should make some what of a difference. Can't wait to see how dark the fluid changes!
What fluids are you expecting to darken?

It will def help your idle, cold start, and MPG a bit!!

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
blacksheep said:
Made no difference in my engine. Quality fuel, proper maintenance goes a long way.

Jimaero

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2001 TDI Silver
I'm searching a thread about emptying the egr valve with pictures.
I want it still look oem if it’s possible.
I bought an old one this weekend just for this.

Thanks

Jim

chirishboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
Jimaero said:
I'm searching a thread about emptying the egr valve with pictures.
I want it still look oem if it’s possible.
I bought an old one this weekend just for this.

Thanks

Jim
look up wingnut... he has a great how to with plenty of pics!

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
GTI slotted rotors and Padget (PBR) ceramic pads. Slows down much better!
[/IMG]
Been raining for days so the wheels are dirty, but the slots help move the water out better for quicker stops (so I've been lead to believe).

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
That's AWESOME!!! Hope you can make it for the TDI Fest drag races...

dieselpower04 said:
Ran a 14.90 @ 95.3 mph, with a 2.1 60' in the 1/4 mile drags!

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
Tried to clean the micro-switches in the door latches today with some electrical contact cleaner. No go. So I only have one working door latch. Very annyoing, ONE!

I haven't heard my alarm honk in years upon years.

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
My alarm will go off if I use the remote, since one door is "open". So I have to manually lock all the doors. Really annoying.

I'd love to have interior lights again! I'm trying to find a decent replacement switch right now.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Sootman, did you upgrade the brakes on that car, or just paint the calipers?
Brakes are stock, what I upgraded were the rotors, pads and the carriers (on the back of the rotors-moves the caliper further away from the axle hub). Gives a larger surface area for the pads to work with. It's pretty noticeable.

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
Lubro Moly Diesel Purge. Took about 18 min from the time I popped the hood, till I closed it. Made no difference afterwords. Liquid stayed clear the entire time. Not sure what others say about the red stuff..... Anyways, First time in 172K. Should keep her insides clean and restored for a while.....

DamselDiver

TDI
2005 TDI New Jetta 2009 JSW
I installed a Bluetooth kit and blindspot mirrors. I have a GTI honeycomb grill, but am waiting on a VW badge for it. I also have a Stainless center console ordered and a GTI paddleshift MFSW on order.

I have a black JSW with tinted windows.

Slowly it is turning into the perfect JSW. I am seriously considering the thunderbunny front end, but will probably just add honeycomb lower vents with fogs and euro light switch.

chirishboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
blacksheep said:
Lubro Moly Diesel Purge. Took about 18 min from the time I popped the hood, till I closed it. Made no difference afterwords. Liquid stayed clear the entire time. Not sure what others say about the red stuff..... Anyways, First time in 172K. Should keep her insides clean and restored for a while.....
Mine never changed color either, but I wasn't under the impression it would.
It supposed to improve the even spraying and overall combustion, but all the unused fuel is just cycled and shouldn't change. I think?

I always thought it helped idle, but it could be all mental!:p