Golf MKVI interior lighting issue coming home and leaving home options missing

Marlyece

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
i've noticed that about 40% of the time when i step out of the car and lock it with the key fob, the interior lights take 2 minutes to turn off, the other 60% of the time they turn off immediately.

i looked at the manual in section 3.1 on page 30 where it discusses the "coming home" feature where you are supposed to be able to set how long the interior light will remain after locked the car. I follow the steps to go into Settings and then Lights& vision but am completely missing the "coming home" and "leaving Home" functions, they are both missing/absent from the menu.

i would like the lights to go off immediately after locking the car/or 10 seconds at most. 2 minutes is too long and leaves me wondering if the lights will actually turn off at that time. i don't want to stand around waiting to make sure they turn off.

any idea why after locking the car the lights turn off immediately sometimes and take 2 minutes other times? any idea why i might be missing the "coming Home" and "Leaving Home" options from the menu? I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. the doors are completely shut, so it isn't a matter of the doors being shut properly or not.

thanks!

GetMore

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI, 2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Actually, those features are for exterior lights, and are not present on your car.

As for the time the interior lights are on, I have no idea. I've never noticed it myself. Gotta try paying attention now.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
If all doors are fully closed and you lock the car (whether by key or remote), the interior lights should fade to off pretty much immediately. Not sure what the behavior is if you have the trunk/hatch open when you lock the car, but I would think it should be the same. If you have the interior light switch set to "on" rather than the "door" position, the lights will remain on even after locking the car and then the electronics kill the light after a set amount of time (I think maybe 10 minutes). Other than that, I have no idea what's going on.

Marlyece

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
GetMore said:
Actually, those features are for exterior lights, and are not present on your car.

As for the time the interior lights are on, I have no idea. I've never noticed it myself. Gotta try paying attention now.
according to VWOA I am supposed to have the "coming home" and "leaving home" options. they wrote me: "According to my resources, you have the highline instrument cluster with this feature. If you do not find the coming/leaving home menu in the Multi-Function Indicator (MFI), I recommend seeking the advice of your local Volkswagen dealership. "

anyone else with a Golf check to see if they have the coming home and leaving home options? i don't care that much about them, just curious...

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
Marlyece said:
anyone else with a Golf check to see if they have the coming home and leaving home options? i don't care that much about them, just curious...
They are usually enabled in MFA+ if you have Rain Light Sensor. I remember enabling them in '10 Jetta, as they were disabled in CECM.

Marlyece

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
thanks. anyone have any insight on why the int lights sometimes turn off immediately when locked and other times take 20+ seconds other times? i have it on the door mode. it's annoying that it is inconsistent and i can't figure out why it is.