2002 Jetta wagon tdi Boost issues.

Runstuns

TDI
2003 wagon
Hello all, I've done all the research i can.
Used to get under boost code. so cleaned out the turbo, changed all the vac lines. Finally got boost. Then only a glow plug code so fixed it. Here's the problem. After any aggresive acceleration i lose boost so i shunt into neutral turn ignition off then on again into drive and turbo boost is back. Is it still just a vac leak or am i losing it?
All help gratefully received.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Limp mode...car detects a boost issue and shuts off the turbo to prevent damage. Power-cycling the ECU makes it forget about the problem... until it happens again. :)

Lots of potential causes.

Great scientific approach to troubleshooting can be found in the signature of member Canadian Grizzly.

You'll need a hand-operated vacuum pump to test for proper operation of the turbo actuator, and possibly a good VW-specific scanner like VCDS to plot requested boost vs. actual.

hugho

TDI
red 2002 vw Jetta wagon 250K miles, MT
Limp mode...car detects a boost issue and shuts off the turbo to prevent damage. Power-cycling the ECU makes it forget about the problem... until it happens again. :)

Lots of potential causes.

Great scientific approach to troubleshooting can be found in the signature of member Canadian Grizzly.

You'll need a hand-operated vacuum pump to test for proper operation of the turbo actuator, and possibly a good VW-specific scanner like VCDS to plot requested boost vs. actual.
How to I find that post by Canadian Grizzly. I tried to no avail to find his post.