2009/10 vs. 2011/12 Jetta TDI

fgbrault

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sedan
I have 2009 Jetta TDI Sedan with DSG and I am thinking of trading it in on the 2012 Jetta TDI. I am wondering how satisifed members who switched from the 2009/2010 to the 2011/2012 are. I would love your thoughts on the +/-s. Thanks.

Last edited:

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
Why? It would seem you have one of the best in breed. You also probably have it at far lower costs than any of your options?

fgbrault

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sedan
Why? It would seem you have one of the best in breed. You also probably have it at far lower costs than any of your options?
My full warranty is over today (I was particularly concerned with the HPFP) and I was considering getting the 2012. However, I confirmed with a service mamager that VW has been covering the HPFP, although it is not included in the drivetrain warranty (at least it is not listed). He said they have yet to have VW reject a claim, even after 36,000 and 3 years, . He also said that they have caught the "problem" before massive damage was done. The decontenting of the current Jetta is considerable and the cost of buying the 2012, after my trade-in was much more than my estimate of the costs I will incur by keeping the Jetta for 5 years. So I have decided to keep my 2009.

By the way the service manger, said that the problem with the HPFP was that there is more contamination of diesel fuel here than in Europe. The high pressure causes the gasoline to explode and , over time, the HPFP can be damaged.

Last edited:

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
Good. If I were you I would keep the 2009 Jetta. Actually I am following my own advice as we have a 2009 Jetta DSG. Now I admit I like the idea of doing the ad blu, and the higher rated EPA, but truthfully those benefits are no where near worth the price hikes, along with the the decontenting. I am glad you have not had the HPFP problem and the conference with the service advisor addressed your concerns.

fgbrault

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sedan
Good. If I were you I would keep the 2009 Jetta. Actually I am following my own advice as we have a 2009 Jetta DSG. Now I admit I like the idea of doing the ad blu, and the higher rated EPA, but truthfully those benefits are no where near worth the price hikes, along with the the decontenting. I am glad you have not had the HPFP problem and the conference with the service advisor addressed your concerns.
Thanks.