1Z swap in to a Volvo 745

Jonssonrobin

TDI
Audi 80 -95
Hello, just got the idea to swap an 1.9tdi (1z) in to a Volvo 745.
Nerver sen or heard anyone have done this so there's not much of information out there, and I'm a newbie at these 1.9 diesels.. :p
https://m.imgur.com/W8TGj1L
https://m.imgur.com/eS1o9Jf
For now I have taken the engine and the wires out of the donator car (Audi 80 -95) and I am sorting out the wires of what to keep and not.
Looots of wires for an diesel in the 1995 is my thought!!
The engine is gonna get tuned in the future, but for now I just want it to run perfectly for the registration inspection.
https://m.imgur.com/DyPILwJ
https://m.imgur.com/PjmPHNp
And I think that I've got a problem.. In the dismantling process I did by accident smash the ignition barrel and now its broken. (I think) Can I by somehow run this engine with this/fix it or replace it on some easier way?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
you'll need to get a tune to delete the immobilizer

Jonssonrobin

TDI
Audi 80 -95
After some searches, I am not sure if I have immobilizer. The 2 wired cable that is connected to the ignition switch wasnt connected to anything I believe, can someone post me a pic or something where that cable is connected?

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Given they're both estates/wagons, why do the swap at all ? why not fix the audi?

Seems like a lot of work to get a diesel powered wagon when you already have one?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
That’s an unfair thing to say in this forum, it’s a passion thing is my guess.

Jonssonrobin

TDI
Audi 80 -95
Given they're both estates/wagons, why do the swap at all ? why not fix the audi?

Seems like a lot of work to get a diesel powered wagon when you already have one?

Thats an odd question but I take it! Cuz the Audi is an Audi and is pulling with the wrong end, hehe.

I wouldnt need to this much but I want to.

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
That LT flat bed is pretty cool! Ramp truck or roll off?

We had a 945T wagon years ago. Nice car, thirsty though. White on tan leather with 16" alloys. Sharp car.

VW and Volvo were bed partners at one point with the 2.4L diesel. Were those units ever manuals?

Cool project.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
We had a 945T wagon years ago. Nice car, thirsty though. White on tan leather with 16" alloys. Sharp car.
VW and Volvo were bed partners at one point with the 2.4L diesel. Were those units ever manuals?
Cool project.
Yes, they had Volvo m46 and probably m47 manual transmissions. I have a 245 with the D24 engine and m46 trans. Unfortunately, the d24 has a different bellhousing than the 4 cyl. tdi's.

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
Yes, they had Volvo m46 and probably m47 manual transmissions. I have a 245 with the D24 engine and m46 trans. Unfortunately, the d24 has a different bellhousing than the 4 cyl. tdi's.
I wouldn't have guessed the bellhousing differences. I always thought the 2.4L was a 1.6L with 2 extra cylinders and based on that presumed it shared the same BH pattern.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Yeah, it basically is the 1.6 with two cylinders tacked on- and different bellhousing. I believe it's the same bell as the 2.5 5 cylinder tdi.

Jonssonrobin

TDI
Audi 80 -95
Cool project.
Its a ramp truck!