Mk7 golf TDI DPF/EGR DELETE

onykid978

TDI
mk7 2015 golf tdi 4door
Yes what buzzken said. Put a mild tune. Stage 1 or stage 2. No need to upgrade anything else. Or delete anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Great find! that's a pretty inexpensive turbo.

I could see making a combo package with tune and turbo and programmer for a very reasonable price.

I hope the EA288 cars are allowed back in the country soon! I would hate to have the 2015 be the last tdis we ever see.

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
so what are you guys doing with the water cooling connections? Just leaving them off or what

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
So looking at this CR190 listed at fixmyvw.com, looks like it can be a direct replacement without any other modifications to any exhaust/egr, boost pipe, oil feed/return lines, and all sensors?? If I'm looking at it right, only a different intake pipe and the silencer are necessary? That's going to have some folks interested for sure. What are the advantages of the CR190 in terms of flow/boost? Are there any fueling limitations with the EA288 fuel pump or solenoid injectors? I'm sure the clutch/flywheel will need to be upgraded with this turbo as well?
I would be more likely to upgrade the downpipe first to gain some fuel economy as I drive a ton for work, but the fact this turbo would also bolt right up before or after that upgrade is a very nice idea!

Last edited:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
How is the flywheel holding up with this? I'm guessing you installed just a stage 2 clutch with the stock flywheel? I get shudder in 5th/6th if I goose it too low with just the stage 2 eco tune.

Micah247

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
How is the flywheel holding up with this? I'm guessing you installed just a stage 2 clutch with the stock flywheel? I get shudder in 5th/6th if I goose it too low with just the stage 2 eco tune.
Sorry to rehash an old post. In my 15 Golf I'm doing the full delete and tune, but this is making me think how my stock DSG will hold up?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
DSG should hold up fine there are some Golf R out there that have 400+ hp, but DMF shudder is an issue with the stock stage 2 tune on our Passat, i've heard fluid dmpnr helps but a detune at 1800-2000RPM was the route I went.

UK_TDI_190

Sorry to revive this old thread but Im trying to do an EGR delete on a 2015 TDi150 CRBC but cant find any useful info.. Do I need a blanking plate and a water pipe or more? Some clearer instructions wud be useful. Thanks.

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
2.0 TDI CR SWAP ALWAYS FOR SALE
Sorry to revive this old thread but Im trying to do an EGR delete on a 2015 TDi150 CRBC but cant find any useful info.. Do I need a blanking plate and a water pipe or more? Some clearer instructions wud be useful. Thanks.
I can provide that to you hit me up on boxeer.com

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5 years later and it still funny

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Why is it funny? because its still true and kinda ironic.

With the price difference between RUG and diesel over the past year, even if the EPA closed shops on emission testing tomorrow, no VW Diesel will come back to the state sides.

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I guess you can't always get what you want...

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
Does driving like an old gramp ( slow acceleration, rarely going at high speeds on freeway, etc.) cause the EGR to get clogged up quicker? I used to have a B5 Passat that had to get a new EGR, and that replacement EGR would get clogged up. When I had that car I drove it to get max MPG's and didn't care to drive fast except on rare occasions when I HAVE to show an M3 who is boss. I know that the DPF likes to get hot gases that one would get driving at sustained highway speeds and occasional hard throttle blasts from 60-90 .

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
EGR clogging issues on a DPF car is no where the same as a B5 Passat.

I'd say motor on as you would without a thought of the emissions system (until it breaks).