gauging interest in dent removal (and stuff)

Are you interested in paintless dent removal services at TDIFest?

• No - I am not going to TDIFest but I want to participate in this poll anyway!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spacemonkeymafia

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2013 beetle!
There is some discussion of trying to get a dent repair person to come to Fest this year, as was done in 2009. Being that it is a much smaller, more isolated area, I'm not sure if this will happen, but I'd like to see how much interest there is in that service.

I know my beloved beetle is showing its years of parking in the lots of suburban hell and could use a little help. :(

If anyone else is interested in this possibility, please let us know here. I do not have any information on this, just testing the waters as it were.

Although it may be too close to the Fest 2015 to arrange much else, if there are other services/vendors/things you'd like to see at Fest (this one or in general), here would be a good place to let that be known. If it's not something we can make happen this year, we'll hold onto it for another year. Thanks.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I just had all of the dents pulled out of the Touareg. Hopefully I don't get anymore between now and Fest! ;)

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Having my car repainted after the fest, so no interest on my part.

Now, if I was interested, it would be important to know who is doing it, how much and some references to his work. More likely I would want to see his work before I had him/her work on my car.

To me, it doesn't really make sense to travel 3000 miles to a resort location in Maine for dent removal. For example:

Here at home, Anita had her month old Camry driver door dinged in 3 different spots. All the dings were removed by a local paintless repair guy - he really did a great job. I would use this fellow on my car if needed - because I saw his work - before and after.

Terrific-In-Tahoma

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 ALH Jetta M5 / 05 BEW Jetta Wagon A4
How big a dent can 'paintless' handle?

I ve got a doughnut(donut) sized dent in the trunk.

Can Paintless fix that?

It has not bothered the trunk any, and given its age (2001) and waiting on a replacement set of front fenders....:eek:

The Sound Absorbing foam in the Front fender area, finally gave out this July.

Dont know if paintless would cover a foot ball (US) sized hole in fender.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
4 more days left to vote on whether or not you want dent removal services at Fest... if there isn't significant interest, it'll be too far for the dent guy to come.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
And remember, when you see everyone else getting their cars worked on you'll probably want to get yours done too! Don't miss out. Every G2G the dent guys come to resultes in a waiting list. If you are interested in having this done let us know!

-J