Diesel tuning in Canada out of business

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
I tried to look up the business, the site is down and the company is saying disolved

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Who? We tune diesels and are in Canada. Most of the big diesel shops are selling our software, unitronic has also started tuning diesels but that's about it in Canada other than a few smaller shops in Quebec.

Owain@malonetuning

TDI
PD jetta wagon
Tuning boxes for diesels have never worked as advertised from our experience, and do not compare with a full ECU map. A real ECU tune would do the trick, CO motorsports, Jacks auto, and Jeff's old Volks home all tune these vehicles regularly in NS.

Cultus lake is also a stone throw from us and JS performance, so I'm sure that didn't help.

Last edited:

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
dieseltuning.ca was his site,, his PD box worked great, my thoughts on a tune that could void a warranty if someone installed it, is that it needs to go in and be removed without anyone knowing

Owain@malonetuning

TDI
PD jetta wagon
PDs could just have flash counters reset, and tuning boxes don't have boost control normally. CRs are considerably more complicated which is why there aren't any decent tuning boxes on the market. Falsifying sensor readings will never be as good as ECU maps, and most things on the market the ECU is smarter than, so it will ultimately dial back the increase after a few dyno runs/days. Data outputs and safety features will also be compromised as the ECU is getting incorrect values. The CR tuning box didn't work, here's a post from his FB

https://i.gyazo.com/3c4b54ffaa5f2a3c5a594d07f832247c.jpg

Last edited:

Owain@malonetuning

TDI
PD jetta wagon
PG performance is our main distributor in the Vancouver area, JSP out Abbotsford way. Usually takes a couple of weeks to book with PG (good shops are hard to find around these parts), but if it's a quick flash I'm sure they can figure something out.

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI w/alh auto
I have a 2013 Jetta Sportwagon Tdi and I went with tditunes.com They were hundreds of dollars cheaper than anyone else
And had the highest quality product at the lowest price try tditunes.com The exhaust is marine grade stainless steel it will not rust and the handheld tuning device is the industry standard made by Alientech I gained 35 hp on the wheels Dyno measured. And I get about 50 MPG depending on how I drive. An added bonus Dsg Tuning is not required for this. Been running this tune for two years and The car is very happy. I recently just purchased another package from them for my wife's 2012 Jetta TDI

Chef-CJ

TDI
2011 JSW TDI
How difficult was the removal and install? I'm reaching the point where I see this as the most viable option for getting value out of my 2011 JSW, and the price looks totally doable