MK3 & B4 Short Shift Kits

k_harley

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
I did make a new batch, I think I have a dozen or so ready to go.

Email me if you want to set something up.

Thanks

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Keith doesn't have anymore of these and doesn't know if he is going to make anymore......:( Does anyone have one they want to sell???

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
Keith doesn't have anymore of these and doesn't know if he is going to make anymore......:( Does anyone have one they want to sell???
I bought 2 originally and only used 1 of them so I have one new unused if Keith is out of them. LMK

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Keith said he didn't have anymore and probably wasn't going to make anymore.....
I would like to buy your spare if you will sell? thanks!

Last edited:

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
I plan on selling mine once I convert to 02J shifter
Same here. My Mk3 shifter is a cluster F@#( of mush. I'd be willing to bet the Stig couldn't drive my car right now without me giving instructions on how the shifter works.

k_harley

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
Glad to hear it worked out, I am keeping one on the shelf for posterity / myself if I get another 02A equipped car.

Also, cool to see my original parts have an aftermarket life to them!

JarheadBoom

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat TDI
Just installed mine today. WOW, what a difference! It's like a completely different transmission!

I was able to install mine with a 12mm GearWrench, rather than an offset wrench (which I don't have in metric... yet).

Kerzhan

TDI
1996 Passat TDI Sedan
Glad to hear it worked out, I am keeping one on the shelf for posterity / myself if I get another 02A equipped car.

Also, cool to see my original parts have an aftermarket life to them!
Damn... missed the boat, apparently. If anyone wants to part with a short shifter by Keith, I'm listening...

k_harley

TDI
Ive been mulling over the idea of running another batch of about 12 or so. I might up the price slightly, as my repair work has been steady and hard to sacrifice for the production of these parts when comparing apples to apples.

De Man

TDI
'96 Passat B4V
have had years of poor shifting in my B4 even with the DG short shifter and a recent try with Gruven parts. Please let us know if you make another run and if your part will work with the other two manufacturers i have installed. thanks!!

cal327

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 b4 passat, 1999.5 golf, 1998 jetta
Anybody got one for sale? Or an image of it I can use to try to make my own?

ego6000

TDI
Golf Variant mk3
Bumping back up Keith the pictures are gone do you still have the pictures somewhere
Bump x2. I know this is an ancient thread, but if someone still has picture of the part that Keith manufactured, could you please re-upload it? Would HUGELY appreciate that!

ego6000

TDI
Golf Variant mk3
Thanks starrd! I've never seen photos of this short shifter before (pics were already down when I first found this thread), but from what I understand this must be it!

paulschmid07

TDI
1998 VW Jetta TDI
I realize this thread is pretty old... But does anyone have access to one of these short shift kits they would want to sell? Anybody still making them?

I've got a MK3 1998 Jetta TDI that is a daily driver. I'm going through all the bushings in the shift lever and linkages inside the car. Still more slop than I would like, this sounds like the perfect fix.

Any hope of finding one? Or diagrams and dimensions to make one myself?

paulschmid07

TDI
1998 VW Jetta TDI
I realize this thread is pretty old... But does anyone have access to one of these short shift kits they would want to sell? Anybody still making them?

I've got a MK3 1998 Jetta TDI that is a daily driver. I'm going through all the bushings in the shift lever and linkages inside the car. Still more slop than I would like, this sounds like the perfect fix.

Any hope of finding one? Or diagrams and dimensions to make one myself?