need some opinions

paulbazz

TDI
the engine warning light came on on my 2009 tdi sportwagen with 72,000 miles. This led to a filter and oil change, new glo plugs, new injectors and still the issue was not resolved. This led to the dealership who checked the previous work and then said the compression in cylinder 3 was low from a possible bent connector rod. estimated cost to repair 6600. This car was well maintained by the book, never abused in any way so I am just stuck mentally and physically on how to proceed.

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
How did all this work?? please let us know. At no time would a 2009 CR with 72K on it need all that work.

the engine warning light came on on my 2009 tdi sportwagen with 72,000 miles. This led to a filter and oil change, new glo plugs, new injectors and still the issue was not resolved. This led to the dealership who checked the previous work and then said the compression in cylinder 3 was low from a possible bent connector rod. estimated cost to repair 6600. This car was well maintained by the book, never abused in any way so I am just stuck mentally and physically on how to proceed.

paulbazz

TDI
car still runs, starts right up, no skipping in any gear. The mechanic who initially worked on it said I would be better off to put a reconditioned engine in it, which I am hesitant to do. I am inclined just to sell it as is though the car is otherwise in near perfect condition.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
A very important question would be, what was the actual code?

There would be no code indicating oiling issues requiring an oil and filter change. At 72k miles, your glow plugs and injectors were probably just fine and your timing belt isn't scheduled for replacement yet.

It sounds like the dealer was just throwing parts at the problem instead of doing any real diagnosis. Stop going to that dealer and find someone that is competent on TDI's.

In the past, did the timing belt fail? or was it replaced improperly? Tell us about the "previous work".

Last edited: