Bluetooth connection with tablet - possible?

wrocek

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen 2012
Hi
I just tried connect my samsung tablet via bluetooth to my "entertainment" system.
Is there any way I can do it?
While searching and playing with options on the screen yesterday, I have not seen any other option but "conect your phone via bluetooth".
My tablet is not used as a phone, but has bluetooth biult in
I got my phone connected via bluetooth , so can speak, like everyone here, while driving my 2012 VW Jetta
tnx

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
Does the cars blue tooth "see" the tablet when it is in paring mode? I would think that if it sees it, it can connect to it...Mark

wrocek

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen 2012
No... there is no option for tablet I could see..
My Jetta sees only cellphones.
Maybe I am doing something wrong.. :(

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
Same question, does the tablet see the car in paring mode? If not, try calling the tablet tech support, good luck...Mark

handweanie

TDI
2012 touareg tdi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYp52r_TZPo

yeah i know he's using a phone but worked pretty much the same for iPad in my 2012 touareg. took a while to figure it out though

may have to go to 'set up', <phone>, search for pairable devices on car infotainment

once synced select media for playback. also in may have to set iPad to "audio playback device in vehicle settings

Last edited:

coolvdub

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI/2013 JSW
Make sure your tablets bluetooth is visible to other devices. If it isn't, your infotainment system can't pair with what it doesn't see. Don't know if that is the problem, just my .02 cents.

wrocek

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen 2012
Thank You guys..
Weekend has come, I should have a day off and some time to play with my tablet and Jetta again.

-- Looks like I had too many connections not used by phones anymore. I disconnect two of them, made a room and my tablet is on the list:)

thank you :)

Last edited: