Recommendations for Jetta HID high beams

MilenP

Veteran Member
Hi guys,
Just wonder what a good headlight bulb it would be for the high beams on Jetta HID headlights. I guess, this would be the same as for Golf high beam, right?
I keep reading about the Silver Stars and Osrams. The former you could get almost from anywhere, the later, you have to order online. Besides those two, any others
I got ........ well, not such a good deal from an ebay purchase. Price was OK, but the light was horrible - anywhere but on the ground
While on the same topic, I am also looking to replace the two city lights as well (not the turning lights).
Let's see what people think

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Alright,

For the City Lights, I'd suggest some LED replacements. They are brighter, whiter, and use less power (also good if you use your parking lights alot!). http://www.ledcreations.com/ is hosting a GB on Vortex for an ENTIRE LED kit, don't do that, but check out their website. They have a clearly labeled thing for LED city lights!

I don't know for sure what the light is for the high beam, if memory serves it is an H7, but don't hold me to that. www.powerbulbs.com is a GREAT resource for all types of bulbs. They have good prices, BUT, the good prices are from England. These were great deals last year but aren't the best today. They are still the BEST supplier of bulbs I can think of...

Many people don't believe the advantages of the higher performance bulbs, since they don't actually put out more light. I can't talk from experience...

cevans

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
the stock headlight bulb is 9007, which incorporates both low and high beam.

The "city" lights are part of the 3357 turn signal bulb, which incorporates both the city light and turn signal into a single bulb.

If you have E-codes...
H4 = low and high
W5W (168....194=w3w) is the city light
PY21W is the turn signal

MilenP

Veteran Member
the stock headlight bulb is 9007, which incorporates both low and high beam.

The "city" lights are part of the 3357 turn signal bulb, which incorporates both the city light and turn signal into a single bulb.

If you have E-codes...
H4 = low and high
W5W (168....194=w3w) is the city light
PY21W is the turn signal
Thanks a bunch, BUT: On the HIDs the low and high beams are with diferent bulbs with the HID being the low beam. Next, the city light is deffinitely not incorporated in the turn signal. It is a separate small bulb.
I'll definitely check the LEDs, but in the meantime I am trying to find out the high beams since changing the bulbs would require pretty much taking the front bumper off and taking the headlights off as well
, so I awant to do all the changes at the same time.

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
I got the Osrams from England once and was very disappointed. Not a lot of light and they burned out (one, really) pretty fast. Expensive, too.

I'm a low-tech first kind of person, so while I would like to have ecodes, I cannot afford them. About three weeks ago I put these H7 bulbs in:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...ssPageName=WDVW

Mine said 100 Watts output, but the bulbs were labelled as drawing 55 Watts. I like them tremendously. Much, much brighter than the standard bulbs; trows the beam a lot further ahead and I feel safer driving at night.

Did I mention they cost $10 for the pair?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
If you want some more light without having to drop $300 on E-codes or $1000 on OEM HID's, install some relays.. Easiest way to get some more juice out of your lights. Cost in total? Maybe $30 at most....

People have been installing relays on MK2's for ages...a great way to get some more watts out of a crappy stock system.