LIFTING a mk7 TDI Sportwagen thread

tdiDerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta MkV Sedan; 2002 Jetta MkIV Sedan; 1999 Jetta MkIV Sedan
I was wondering if anyone has tried this.. Should provide 1.5 inch lift

--Is this for use with the Alltrack Springs??

I did the Alltrack springs and added steelies with 1 inch bigger tires (Yokohama Geolanders 215/60R16s, but it does lean forward a bit, excepts when towing or hauling a load in the back.

pebjr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta; 2015 Golf S
--Is this for use with the Alltrack Springs??

From what I have read on the website that its *Not recommended to combine with other lifting options.

I order the kit and will be installing it on a MK7 Golf tdi. I will post my experience and pictures before and after the install.

KAG

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I Installed the 2 inch lift from ID sports on my 2014 golf wagon. It's awesome except I needed new axles as they did not like the new angle.

pebjr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta; 2015 Golf S
I purchased the B2BFAB kit, but have not had the time to install it. Hopefully, I will get it installed in the next month... It looks straight forward....
will post when installed

KAG

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Yes it did - but I had cv joint issues. When I replaced my springs, my cv left joint was leaking. So they replaced it with a non oem one - it lasted 2 weeks, drove like crap. After fishing out my originals (long story short they replaced right one to) putting the right oem one back in, and then replaced the left cheap cv joint with a much more robust one it drives great.

Except...its much stiffer and doesn't ride nicely over say a speed bump. Then again I didn't do the shocks (recommend) just springs. Ride height is closer to 3 inches,lots of clearance, looks great. I'm going to order springs now.

Laminated1

TDI
15 Sportwagen
just did airlift air bag kit install,, ground to fender top arch is 27 1/2" now with 5psi in bags

tdiDerry

Veteran Member
TDI
Shock concern...

I just replaced the rear shocks -found 1 was leaking during a tire rotation- And now when i hit some bigger bumps, like speed bumps there is a loud bang/thud from the rear.. Does the all track have bigger/longer shocks? I cant find a parts place that calls out the Alltrack for parts

Thanks --- Derry

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
I don't see where anyone in this thread has done Alltrack shocks/struts. For sure the front struts would require going to the aluminum 55mm knuckles.

If the Alltrack rear bits are like the GTI rear bits (like in the front) the rear shock lower bushing will be too wide to fit into opening on the torsion beam.

GolfSW98

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 TDI
I don't see where anyone in this thread has done Alltrack shocks/struts. For sure the front struts would require going to the aluminum 55mm knuckles.

If the Alltrack rear bits are like the GTI rear bits (like in the front) the rear shock lower bushing will be too wide to fit into opening on the torsion beam.
Yep, bushing will be too wide. I tried. Shaved them to make them fit and you will sadly find out they have less travel. Could do extensions but those come with their own problems. Maybe raid the new Taos part bin and see what they have there. For the front you could do strut spacers they come in sizes like 10, 15, 20mm but that affects alignment stuff unless you get expensive ones that correct those issues, and increases cv angle/wear.

tdiDerry

Veteran Member
TDI
About to order some more shocks, once I figure out the length.. BUT, heres the wierd thing -- the OEM Shocks that came with the car did fine.. It was when I replaced them with 'Bilstein B4 2015 Volkswagen Golf Rear Twintube Shock Absorber (19-230542)'