Beetle spring question.. Who has lifted?

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
So as some of you saw, I put on quickstruts a while back with new springs. Streets here didnt like those springs much and they would compress alot over bumps. Ive since gone to bilstein struts and suplex VR6 springs on the front. They work out great but I was wondering which springs I should go for in the rear. Ive read the wagon springs would raise me ALOT. Im trying to get maybe 1 - 1.5inches tops. Rear springs now are originals with 250k miles on them.

Was looking at the suplex towing springs for the beetle that say they dont raise the back as much as the wagon springs but havent been able to find much info on how much it goes up or experiences with them.

Anybody have or done this? Thanks!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
When I raised mine 2", I used the kit from metalnerd and a complete suspension refit from IDParts with standard Beetle springs/shocks/struts.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
The moog rear springs from a jetta sedan will rear the beetle between 1.5 and 2 inches.

Never was a fan of the external lift kit. The cars that had it, that I drove all felt unsettled.

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
I agree on the lift kits. I'd rather stiffer springs. So I'm guessing Jetta sedan springs won't lift as much as Jetta wagon springs? Still wishing I could find someone who went with beetle towing sprigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk