Multiple electrical issues

wiminer

TDI
2010 Jetta
Having multiple issues with my 2010 Jetta.
#1 This one seems to occur mostly when driving in the rain. When I get done driving usually in the rain my third brake light will stay on for hours. When this happens I have tried pulling every fuse that is brake and light related and it still stays on.
#2 after the brake light stayed on and I pulled fuses and put them back when nothing worked I when to drive my car the next day my 12v outlets and the plug in behind the center console do not work.
#3 after pulling the fuses my blower fan will not work on any of the 4 settings. The resistor tested good as did the motor it self.

My girlfriends uncle thinks it could be the body control module but I am unsure.

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Excellent. Do a full scan, save the output, clear all codes, then immediately rescan and save. If second scan clean, then scan after driving for a day (just for grins). And after problem occurs. Then compare results.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
My girlfriends uncle thinks it could be the body control module but I am unsure.

Any help is much appreciated.
What is a body control module?

On your car there are several digital controllers that communicate through the CanBus and LinBus that perform all the cars functions that use to be performed by analog wiring and mechanical switches like on the A4 and older Dubs.

VCDS is mandatory if you want to know what the car is actually doing. Read Ross-Tech's online manual and try to learn to understand the underlying technology in these digital cars.

Your girlfriends uncle may not have a clue and might have you replacing perfectly good parts.

wiminer

TDI
2010 Jetta
Her uncle has been a diesel tech for 20 years so he usually ahs a good idea whats going on.
ok i ran through vcds and this is what turned up during my scan didn't see anything that jumped out at me as odd when it comes to the fan.

Ok after a long wait for a computer I ran a quick scan and nothing seemed to jump out at me as odd. These are the codes I got.

address 01
001136 - Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1 (G450)
P0470 - 000 - Malfunction - MIL ON
001151 - Exhaust Pressure Control Valve
P047F - 000 - Stuck Open - MIL ON
001138 - Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1 (G450)
P0472 - 000 - Signal too Low - Intermittent
001025 - EGR System
P0401 - 000 - Insufficient Flow - Intermittent

address 09
00893 - Switch for Trunk Handle (E234)
008 - Implausible Signal

address 15
00532 - Supply Voltage B+
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
01316 - ABS Control Module
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

address 17